Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thats right starter wire shorted to the block and lit up the engine area ....so it will probably be totaled....see you guys later [:(]

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no pics yet.... the bad thing is theres no body damage just engine...and the kicker is it doesnt look very bad but it killed enough stuff to drive the estimate over 8000.00 to fix

·
Registered
758 Posts
I would def. buy back from the Insurance company and rebuild if they're isn't any noticeable body damage, you can always buy another motor and build it before throwing it back in.....

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
Damn.
Sorry to hear that. [:(]

Any guesses as to what caused the starter wire to short out in the first place?
I suppose, I better take a look at mine the next time I'm underneath the car.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
buy it back and turn into a track car!

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
no i just took off my supercharger and sold it for extra cash ...low and behold it was my fault it caught on fire i didnt route the cable away from a extended stud on the block rubbed through and caught fire (not to mention I got 2nd degree burns on my hands in the process trying to rip the cable from the battery to stop the fire)

·
Obama Can't Gymkhana
8,569 Posts
Sux. you just took a jackson racing off right>? You should Buy it back. I need the harness to your Headlights please. Name your Price. :) Please PM me if you do.

·
Uber sexy euro time
2,827 Posts
Not another one. If you decide to buy it back and part it out, i'll take first dibs on your mirrors. Good luck man and let us know what happens. I hate to see another svtf go.

·
MOAR BEWST!!!!
1,528 Posts
Im so sorry to hear about your car...mine got hit last month in a parking lot while i was in class and it bent almost everything in my left rear suspension and I had to fix it all up myself with no help from my insurance or air tools. I was a month without my car so I can feel your pain of not having it!!. However if you are going to buy it back to part it out...i wouldnt mind the HID's if they are in good unscratched/not many scratches condition. Let me kno!

·
Registered
220 Posts
dibs on front bumper. srsly.

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
WOW>.........MY starter wire is covered in foam AND double sided foam tape THEN electrical tape just for this reason.....I will be checking on it when I get home as well. that SUUUUCKS!!!!

·
Registered
800 Posts
noooooooooooooooooo that car was sooooo fast, im sorry bro i know u work at ford and all but i got a friend here in jackson selling his eap svt in infrared for 11 grand. i got a meeting in nashville monday i might swing by and holla at u, once again sorry for the loss bro

knox

1 - 20 of 46 Posts