Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
brake pads

how many miles did you guys get on the factory set? im on 25k miles and mine are starting to squeek, just wondering if this is premature or about right?

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
Moved to ”Wheels, Tires, Brakes & Suspension”...
(updated title for SVT owner input)

34,000+ and 2+ seasons of AutoCross use.
Plenty of life left in them.
I'm more than pleased with the performance and longevity of the stockers.

·
BAD EGG
7,418 Posts
36,000 and looking good.....despite what my dealer says [;)]

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
48k, getting low. I am happy with their performance/longevity. Just wish they would dust less!

·
SVT Fanatic
2,615 Posts
what's up with the squeel anyway? mine squeel all the time, it's annoying. i'm pretty sure the pads aren't worn down enough to need replacing but i'll check'em again anyway. i'm at 32k

·
BAD EGG
7,418 Posts
Been told too many times that the squeel is an inherent trait of high performance pad material. Sounds legit because absolutely nothing is going to get rid of it [:p]

Mine don't squeel that much but as the weather warms up and the brakes are operating warmer I get some squeel at times. When The car was newer they would straight scream, most annoying sound to ever come from a new car

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea the more i read i think its probably due to the warm weather cause thats pretty much when its been starting but i thought i would just ask, its more of a light squeel then anything else

1 - 7 of 7 Posts