Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so ive had my abs/traction light on for a while and i had a buddy of mine run an abs check and it came up with left front sensor pick up fault...so i replace sensor and light is still on? ive read other threads and my question is does the system have to be reset after a fault even tho you fixed the problem? ive disconnected the battery for a bit to see if it would reset and cleaned where the sensor goes with brake parts cleaner but no good.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
You replaced the wheel speed sensor and the lights have stayed on? The lights will go off by themselves practically immediately (driving the car) if the circuit is correct. You should closely examine the wiring that goes to that sensor, there's probably a break or something causing excessive resistance somewhere. I've had this happen twice with my car, the lights come on and I look at the wiring near the sensor (since it's in the wheel well and especially susceptible to damage there) and both times I've been able to visually locate the problems and repair the wiring.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks i gave it a quick once over when i put new sensor in but haven't really got in depth with it so ill check it out. thanks for the input!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bump! any other ideas? could the bearing be bad? i dont have any movement on the wheel or noises tho?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts