Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
I used to drive this
3,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week I got rear ended while I was stopped at a red light. Hit by a bmw x3 and ended up being pushed into a bmw 325. Both cars had minimal damage. Bmw x3 has good insurance and company has accepted liability. Getting towed to a body shop today so hopefully it'll get fixed. Adjuster came out to look at it, didn't look under car due to snow, but said current damage at 70% value of car. If the unibody can't be straightened by pulling the frame (his words) and a unibody corner needs to be welded in may cost more than car.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

I really hope it gets fixed because this car is sooo fun to drive. Had it for a few years and never get bored of it.

I haven't had my car in a body shop in a long while so any feedback on the damage/ or possible damage would be helpful.

Thanks,
macdiesel

·
Registered
758 Posts
Ouch man, looks pretty wicked, it may be totaled, but glad you're ok, and hope if it is you can pick up another SVTF soon!

·
Banned
1,355 Posts
Sux sorry to here that, I think I've actually seen your car around once and awhile. Good luck, you used to post on chicagosvt right?

Even if they fix it, with type of frame damage, it would never drive the same again.

·
Registered
16,194 Posts
wow. that sux. if they total it, you have to put a cross on the side of the road to mark where your svt lost its life.

·
Registered
774 Posts
I was scrolling through the pictures and I was thinking "dude, your fine!" Then I saw the last one. Ouch. She should be able to be worked out. A good body shop should be able fix that damage. I heard they have machines that laser measure the frame for perfect straightness and then strech it or bend as needed.

Good luck bro. Hope she is back on the road soon.

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
hope it gets totalled bro, honestly! the car will never be the same. you will always know there is something wrong with it. whenever you look into the hatch, you will know its not perfectly straight like it used to be. you will always know that a magnet will NOT stick the quarter panels. ask for it to be totalled. this way the car is gone and you wont have an issue selling a car with a bad record. (if you would ever sell it)

its time to upgrade[thumb]

glad your ok[headbang]

·
Registered
275 Posts
wow. that sux. if they total it, you have to put a cross on the side of the road to mark where your svt lost its life.
Lmao. and some flowers and a picture.

·
I.S.A.I.K.I.
5,413 Posts
Damn that really stinks. So much for going out to Gingerman like we talked about before [:(] When did you get rid of the black wheels I last saw your car with?

The vultures are coming....

closer....

closer...

Dibs on the wheels!!!! j/k

Glad that you're ok and didn't get hurt. Lemme know if you need anything.

·
Supercharged
3,275 Posts
It doesn't look too bad but the answer to whether or not its totaled is in the frame.

BTW I just spoke to Steve and he said the SVT front bumper lip has been on backorder for 2 months now. I would keep that if possible. Who knows if Ford is getting ready to discontinue/out of that part or not.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Hey dude, can I have your... <j/k!>

Sorry for the hit your car took, and glad your okay!

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Awww man that sucks, sorry to see that. Hope for the best for you.

·
FUBARCUS
2003 ZX3 2016 FoST
7,787 Posts
Glad you're alright. It sucks about your car

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
why is everyone wrecking their poor cars?!?!?[:(]

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
Holy cow, thats almost exactly what happened to me (except that I got rear-ended by a Ford Explorer...and she was a wanted felon without insurance and fled the scene).

·
I used to drive this
3,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for all the feedback guys. I'm just gonna wait till monday and talk to the body shop. The shop I sent it to specializes/contracts with local mercedez benz dealers. So I'll see.

Perigrine- I slapped dunlop direzza's on those black rotas for track tires.

jgustofson- i've posted on chicagosvt a few times but not in a while. Park ridge? You stay straight west of me.

Hillyard- I got the svt lip at my dads garage. Just hope the shop can put everything back together the way it is.

I'm just hoping it gets fixed because I really don't want to buy another car now. If I do it'll be something I can pay upfront.

Yeah, the lady that hit was a real piece of work. I think she was under the influence because when I asked her if she was okay she mumbled at me. Some other guy pulls over and tells me the lady in the bmw x3 almost took out 4 cars on lakeshore drive. He was an off duty cop and thought she was drunk. Dumn lady just gets out and looks at her truck, doesn't ask if I'm okey or the old lady I rear ended as a result.

Then she tried to leave because she had a meeting. I cussed her out and said the only place she has to go is to pull onto the side street were we are going to wait for the cops. Real selfish piece of garbage.

Going to doctor for minor back pain this week and see damage. May have to get an attorney involved, but we'll see. Find out more monday.

·
Banned
1,355 Posts
Good luck and if the cars okay you should come out on a cruise n the summer.

Coming from Park Ridge I can totally see the snobbery of the lady in the X3, they all are. iv'e nearly been t-boned a dozen times because of some soccer mom on her crackberry in her Lexus/BMW/Merceds SUV she doesn't need.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts