Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
FF Affiliate
31,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been working a good bit with the knock sensor on the SVT and getting the sensivity and settings where they should be to not have to use the J&S safeguard

I would like to have a few of my tuned boosted customers that are willing to do some testing for this to contact me by email , I need a few more people to test a few things as I feel I am very close to getting this worked out

Tom

·
Registered
397 Posts
I'd be willing to help out more Tom, but my car is down now as you already know. I'm assuming even with the knock sensor working it'd still be a good idea to have a J&S for safety?

·
FF Affiliate
31,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You did help me some with your car , I was watching the J&s and the stock knock sensor to see how stock was responding to what the J&S said

If I can get this working you wont need the J&S with tuning with the xcal/SCT but will with the diablo predator

Tom

·
Premium Member
6,581 Posts
Holy shit, after years of you chastising and berating everyone else who said it could be done, you finally realized it, too?

There's hope for you yet. [thumb]

·
FF Affiliate
31,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You dont have a clue what your talking about , if you dont have anything to say that helps how about keep your worthless coments to your self

The SVT knock sensor isnt working properly and unless you have the SCT calibrators software (which most dont) you cannot get it to work properly at all and its still not 100% that its going to work even with the new changes , so again you dont have a clue what your talking about

Just please stay out of here I am trying to work on something to help everyone and you have nothing to offer

Tom

·
Premium Member
6,581 Posts
LOL I have more of a clue than you'll ever know. Carry on. [:)]

·
FF Affiliate
31,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok lets just see , this will be your chance , I am calling you on this one I am tired of it

What setting have to be changed to properly datalog and use the KS on the SVT , My guess is you dont have a clue but let see just how smart think you are

Tom

·
Premium Member
4,739 Posts
Ok lets just see , this will be your chance , I am calling you on this one I am tired of it

What setting have to be changed to properly datalog and use the KS on the SVT , My guess is you dont have a clue but let see just how smart think you are

Tom
I dont ever recall him saying he tunes? but he just knows as well as I do Every single other tuner uses the SVT knock sensor.

Just making observation here [cheers]

·
FF Affiliate
31,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That isnt a true statement either , most tuners dont use the SVT KS , now can we get back to what this post is about if you guys are through

Tom

·
Premium Member
4,739 Posts
That isnt a true statement either , most tuners dont use the SVT KS , now can we get back to what this post is about if you guys are through

Tom
You asked a question I answered. :)

·
FF Affiliate
31,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No Jim I didnt ask you a question and you didnt answer anything , No there are well known tuners that DO NOT use the stock KS on the SVT , I dont , McNews doesnt just to name 2 of the top 4 Focus Tuners

The ? was to CasyE not you , can you please stay out of here so others might respond unless you have helpfull info , this might be something that can help every SVT owner

Tom

·
Premium Member
4,739 Posts
No Jim I didnt ask you a question and you didnt answer anything , No there are well known tuners that DO NOT use the stock KS on the SVT , I dont , McNews doesnt just to name 2 of the top 4 Focus Tuners

The ? was to CasyE not you , can you please stay out of here so others might respond unless you have helpfull info , this might be something that can help every SVT owner

Tom
lol whatever you say man, you only named 2 who dont use it, what about the other 3 that do and its just fine [scratch] continue on, no need to tell you this.

·
TURBO ZX3
8,746 Posts
You and I were talkin bout this earlier. I need to know uf u can get this good for a standard zetec. Would like to know if I be needin a safegaurd later

·
Registered
573 Posts
So surprised you haven't gotten fed up with all the drama over the years and just moved on. It's good to know that people are still into helping the focus community after all these years. i appreciate all that you have done over the years and the help you have offered me over the years. i take whatever info i can get from any tuner that out there wether it be focus power, fswerks or ricardo. just my thoughts.

·
FF Affiliate
31,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You and I were talkin bout this earlier. I need to know uf u can get this good for a standard zetec. Would like to know if I be needin a safegaurd later
The Zetec and Duratec both have very good working KS there is no problem there

Tom

·
FF Affiliate
31,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So surprised you haven't gotten fed up with all the drama over the years and just moved on. It's good to know that people are still into helping the focus community after all these years. i appreciate all that you have done over the years and the help you have offered me over the years. i take whatever info i can get from any tuner that out there wether it be focus power, fswerks or ricardo. just my thoughts.
Thanks for the support

Tom

·
Boost Addict
2,628 Posts
I second this [thumb]

1 - 20 of 70 Posts