Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2003 Svt focus threw a code last week and it was a p303 or something similar. Basically a mis fire on cylinder 3. I had installed pulstars a couple of months ago so I figured they were the issue. I pulled them out and installed the motorcraft sp-463 copper cores. I had taken off the ground cable to allow the code to clear. I re-installed the cable but did not tighten it. I tried to start the car but heard a pop and no power. I tightened the ground and lights and radio worked but the car would not even turn over. The indicator lights come on and the gas guage works but nothing. I tried jumping it and push starting but the car does not seem to be firing at all. I hot wired the plunger switch under the clutch because I thought that might be the issue because that is how the car is acting and still nothing. Any ideas. This is my daily driver and it is stuck in front of my house. I also chjecked the starter fuse in the power distribution box and it was fine.

Thank You

·
Registered
139 Posts
Do you have a second key? If so try it... sounds like what has happened to other members when their keys have lost their programming somehow...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you have a second key? If so try it... sounds like what has happened to other members when their keys have lost their programming somehow...
I just tried that with no luck. Also the trip readout and mileage readout are all dashes instead of numbers???

·
Registered
209 Posts
sounds like a ECU (Engine control module) isn't powering up or some other issue. I had this happen when i was loading a tune from my diablo predator and it crashed in the middle of the tune. I then had to reload the factory tune that was saved before loading the performance tune again.

·
Hiyadoin'
1,640 Posts
Air, Fuel, Spark. if any one part is not functioning your car will not work. does the starter motor crank? is yes then I would check for spark on each cylendar. maybe it's something silly like you didn't get the spark plug boots all the way on when changing the plugs.

when jumping, did you let the battery charge for a while before trying to turn it over? if it turns out to be a battery issue, then i would look at how you hooked up the headlights. if it's not a battery issue then I would sat the headlight install is unrelated.

Have you got gas in tha car? sorry... is anything blocking air flow? sorry again.

to be honest, it's usually something stupid.

·
Premium Member
6,581 Posts
With the dashes on the readouts, it's something with the PCM. The only time I've seen the feared dashed lines is when uploading a tune fails. Grab the owner's manual and go through the relevant fuses in the dash and in the engine bay. If they're all ok, I'm afraid you might need to get your PCM replaced.

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
Moved to "Ford Focus Technical Chat"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts