Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 03 svt focus noticable on rainy days the gas pedal seems to stick (aftermarket tb )when i let off the gas and then i restart my engine and it goes away somtimes other times i stops sticking when the rain stops and the ground dries. Also my rpms hang between 1,000 AND 3,000 RPM i sometimes have to turn the car off and on several times to get it to run right any ideas ?gets poor gas mileage like it takes 2.5 gallons to go 50 miles

·
Obama Can't Gymkhana
8,569 Posts
^^With Toms or just what the Predator comes with... If its with TOms.. Email him... If not then E-mail him anyway and buy his tune

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
My aftermarket TB used to stick when it was rainy/humid, I cleaned and lubed the pivot and now no more problems. I've never had issues with it running poorly, however.

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
With the sticking issue, do a search for "Throttle plate migration" pretty sure that's what it was called. I know one guy had brought it up before and it was the best fix I had heard yet, and a permanent fix.

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
could just be filthy where the plate meets the tb housing. give it a good cleaning and you should be good. mine did what your describing after a long run. i go to get on the gas, and i nearly have to stop the pedal to get the thing to go down. but i have cleaned it and it hasnt done it since.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts