Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one know how difficult it would be to add this to a zx3? If at all possible.
In case it's not clear. I mean the radio controls located on the steering wheel.

Would be nice if it was a simple plug in like the intermitten wipers switch. [:)]

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
That would be nice, but I don't think it's that easy. I'm assuming your stereo has to have the proper plug on the back of it to accept the wire from the controls - I'm still working on replacing my factory HU with an aftermarket, and there was some confusion for a minute at the store when buying the wire harnesses as to what the odd "third plug" on the back of the stock HU was until it was determined that was for the steering wheel controls. In other words, if the stereo wasn't made to accept that steering wheel control, it won't work. Ironically, I'll be giving up the use of that control since the aftermarket HU has no way to control it. [xx(]

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SVT4ME said:
Ironically, I'll be giving up the use of that control since the aftermarket HU has no way to control it. [xx(]

Email me once that's done. [email protected] I will make you an offer, I might be able to make it work. it's worth a try anyway. Thanks for your time

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
I'm planning on keeping that, in case I can figure out a way to make it work, like using one of those infrared transmitter thingies... If I change my mind I'll let you know.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Worked well for me

I recently just did the mode my self. I have a 2003 ZX3 with the 6006 6 disc CD Radio and installed it with no problem. theres a slot that designed for the radio switch to snap in on the steering wheel column (Just need to cut a hole in your steering wheel bezel so it will fit back on) and then just wired the switch to the radio it slots # 11 and 12.

·
Registered
256 Posts
There are adapters for steering wheel controls for aftermarket HU's

J

1 - 7 of 7 Posts