Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the SVT bearings the same as the bearings for the other foci? (according to RockAuto the p/ns don't x-reference between models but I want to be sure)

I replaced the d/s bearing on Friday but the guy at Car Quest didn't ask me for a specific model. On the way to work today I started hearing a grinding and it looks like the caliper bracket is somehow rubbing against the rotor and my ABS was intermittently on/off. Obviously if the wrong bearing/hub is in there there could cause some serious issues so I want to be sure I have the right one and if I don't that I get the right one.

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
They are directional for the ABS cars, as well. There is a ring on the race that is used by the ABS sensors. Did you pay attention to the direction you installed it?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't install it, I don't have easy access to a press so I brought it over to a local machine shop. Regarding the ABS light deal.....the bolt holding the sensor into the knuckle sheared off when I pulled it out. I drilled out and re-tapped the hole and the sensor fit in there like it was before. I don't see that being the root-issue but it could be related I guess.

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
That is certainly an important piece of information. If the sensor wobbles that would be your light on and off.

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
You are 100% certain on that?

For the grind, I'd take a look to make sure all of the bolts were tightened properly. I had a loose pin on my caliper that actually let it grind on the inside of my rim when I hit the brakes hard.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Almost positive. Looks like I'm going to have to pull the wheel and stuff off after work tonight so I will double check it then. In the rather quick diagnosis I did earlier this morning it looked like the rotor was moving around a lot relative to the caliper when I pushed the wheel back and forth.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts