Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2003 SVT Warranty runs out in August.. She has 33,000 mile on her.. and does have the 5 year powertrain warranty left, I haven't had any major problems except that stupid plastic DSI clip that broke and resulted in a new intake manfold ... (the clip couldn't be sold on its own)

Is there anything that just might "break" on its "own" that should be fixed before the warranty runs out anyone can think of?!?!?!? [paranoid]

I'd hate to be out of warranty in August and have something break in September....

·
Registered
351 Posts
^^^^^^I'm in the exact same situation, minus the already broken DSI clip. So, two birds with one stone here people. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
svt2nv04 said:
why don't you just extend it..
Is it worth the $$ to extend it? I'll keep the car another 1 1/2years until payoff... (maybe another 1-2 after that even...) But I keep thinking I should roll the dice and see if she makes it in order to save the cash.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Mine's gone, I dont much miss it. I was actually in an accident anyway, which should make it easy for them to weasle out of warranty work regardless (moderate front end damage). 2003 and 2004 SVT's seem, at least from what I gather, to have fewer problems, I'd roll the dice.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
There was a guy here selling extended warranty's real chaep. Made me wish I was still under mine.

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
I don't know if the extended warranty is worth it. Mine has about 500 miles left on it. I mean it some cases yeah I wish it was longer, but then I think...supercharger.

·
Registered
481 Posts
well i have 4k left on my warranty but i have a procharger on my car now. unfortunately, my p.s. pump took a dump today so i have to pay to get it fixed or else i have to take off the procharger in order to take it in so i can get it fixed. to me, it's not worth it. if something major happens, then yea ill take the s/c off.

·
SVT Fanatic
2,615 Posts
http://focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=68778&highlight=esp

there. his name is troy...i just bought mine last week, he's a nice guy.

i paid $490 for the premium care 5year/75000mile. anything goes wrong, i just pay $50, even if i need a new engine. i think it's worth it. i suggest getting the premium if anything. it covers everything but regular maintenance and wear and tear of course.

just think, 1 thing could happen and break and you might spend more than $490 getting it fixed. also, if you sell the car before the warranty expires, it's still a good selling point and it fully transferable [thumb]

·
Registered
351 Posts
for one, i don't know that I'd be comfortable buying an extended warranty off of a "guy." I don't like business deals that start with "psst. . .hey buddy"

From looking into it for myself, the extended is $970, and that's for 5-6 years 75K-100K. can't remember exactly. only problem is, I'm currently in a tight spot, my warranty runs out in a month and a half, and there's no way i'll have the money by then. . .shit.

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Troy is legit, he offers the plan lower than any dealer will, and I have not heard one complaint from the ppl who bought plans from him. He is also a recognized FF affiliate.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
well ryan...id say the only solution is to give your car to me

·
Registered
351 Posts
^^^^ you douche. hahaha. don't hate on your car, you just need to move back in the stock direction a bit.

Everyone, SVT_Bmxer has MORE neon lights under his car than a disco, a fart can muffler, 1.5% tint on the windshield only, and 13inch spinners. kid needs help. hahahah.
i love ya nick.

back to topic, is this price listed - "i paid $490 for the premium care 5year/75000mile.", is that BEFORE the original warranty ran out, or before? This might be where i was getting my difference. I ask because as stated, I don't think I'm going to be able to get the money before the warranty runs out.

----------------EDIT-------------------
"^^^^^you douche" intended for SVT_Bmxer. Hillyard, I think we posted at the same time and you snaked in front of me. just to let you know, i only call friends douches. or, well, people that are douches.

Hillyard, I'd like to see some of your decals. Professional Designer here, just graduated a few months back. Thinking of doing my own as well, lazer cut.

·
SVT Fanatic
2,615 Posts
you can't extend your warranty once you go past 3yr/36kmile! it's 490, because he decucted the powertrain warranty i already had..

a ton of people on here has bought it from him, he's legit, and he's a FF affiliate with no problems from customers.

·
Registered
351 Posts
what is the stock power train warranty? is it 5 years 75K, or does it run out with the bumper to bumper? and are you certain there is no extending the warranty after the 3year/36K runs out? i thought you could but it cost more. significantly more.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Troy works at a Ford dealership and sells Ford extended warranties - not third party warranties. You buy the extended one before you exceed the 3/36. You have the 5/100 powertrain warranty converted to a full bumper-to-bumper (mine was to 6/75 with $100 deductible for $450 - this was when I was at 32 months/34k miles).

An extra 3 years/39k miles in my case, for $450, was a no-brainer. This car is a really nice car, but things do seem to go wrong on it - probably as a byproduct of it being a small production run of a mainstream car with a lot of things changed by SVT.

·
Registered
351 Posts
thanks for clearing that up Fordson..
unfortunately, unless there's a miracle, I'm not going to be able to get that together in the next month and a half. getting married, finding a job straight out of college, maybe relocating, possible start up business, new car. . .on and on.

ah well, at least I'll have the power train. What all does the powertrain cover? I seem to be missing the manual that breaks down the warranties. . .hence so many questions.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Is this Troy guy still around? I sent him an email a week ago asking about the ESP warranty but did not get a response.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts