Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been wanting to build a SVT wagon, or at least a partial on for avfew years now.
I bought SVT brakes a year ago but missing the knuckles, have 17 inch rims allready, and did a HID swap.
A real nasty red SVT just came up for sale at a gas station 6 miles down the road.
Interior nasty, one lug nut on drivers wheel, runs rough, no plates, bad axle and brakes, and rattle can spray job on front bumper and hood.
But it does have all the parts i can swap onto my wagon, bumper, side skirts, mirrors, steering wheel.
So thinking of going back tomorrow and popping in a wheel stud to at least get it home safely.
Then figure out what to do with it after steeling some parts from it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dont think I'm going to do the drivetrain.
The wagon is my daily driver and I'm not even allowed to work on my car where i live, and dont have a garage.
Going to just try to steel the body parts off of the SVT and get them painted to match my wagon.
Then try to find regular red focus parts to bolt back onto the SVT and get rid of it.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I've swapped the complete SVT brake package, rear sway bar, steering wheel, pb brake handle, and 5 spoke wheels onto my ZX5. Thought about the powertrain, or just the 6 speed, but I think I'm too old now for that.

I just wish I could keep motor mounts and alt's in the dang thing.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,452 Posts
http://c-f-m.com
I've swapped the complete SVT brake package, rear sway bar, steering wheel, pb brake handle, and 5 spoke wheels onto my ZX5. Thought about the powertrain, or just the 6 speed, but I think I'm too old now for that.

I just wish I could keep motor mounts and alt's in the dang thing.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So i went and bought the 2002 SVT 2 door yesterday for $400.
The car us the biggest pile of crap I've ever seen or owned, owned by potheads it seems.
I had a friend follow me home after I installed 2 wheel studs onto the front drivers side, it had 3 snapped off.
The car barely made it to me house a whole 6 miles up the hill from the gas station the previous owner worked at.
Scanned it when i got it home, codes PO135, PO720, P1518, PO722, P1000, P1270, then U1041, U1123, U1262, B1359, B1252.
I would love to at least get it running to drivable condition again, so going to try tackling the codes one at a time.
Can't find the front O2 sensor already, and will search for the IMRC unit today.
I mainly just want the front bumper. Side skirts, and steering wheel for my wagon.
I may steel the brakes and suspension parts off of it too if I have to scrap the car.
I was used as a ashtray and garbage dump in the interior, more cleaning today.

Attachments

·
Registered
336 Posts
That's nasty. LOL
I'd part it out.
Take what you need for your wagon.
Sell whatever parts have any value.
Junk the rest of it

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well long story, I felt sorry for the red SVT. Spent 5 days cleaning out the interior and sorting out everyting wrong with it.
Ive been slowly replacing all the bad or wrong parts on the car to bring it back from the previous owners trashing it.
Found a silver 04 5 door being parted out today, got the seats and door panels.
Im going back for the brakes, and probably the steering wheel and Ebrake handle.
I noticed that the SVT door panels are a darker grey than my wagon.
So looking like I need to do a full interior swap, dash panel, center console, all kick panels and door pillar trim.

·
Registered
80 Posts
If you plan on using any SVT instrument parts on your car, be aware it's not completely plug/play. It will fit, but other stuff/mods are needed for it to work correctly. There's a build thread or two where rusted out/thrashed SVT's were gutted and swapped into wagons, EVERYTHING got swapped.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts