Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
le kittens meow
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright. Ide like your help on this one SVT guys and gals.

Im looking into getting some stock svt springs and shocks.

Will they be significantly better than my stock ZTS ones?
I no ill sit about 3/4 of an inch lower...but ide like to no if handling/cornering is improved at all.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Yes, when I replaced my struts, shocks and springs with new OEM parts, my friend took my old ( 75k miles ) and installed them on his 20k mile 4 door. He was suprised what a little change in spring rate and dampening did to the balance of his car. And that was with well worn stock SVT parts.

·
Jetsetter
6,656 Posts
i see your car is an 01 and im assuming it had plenty of miles, on it, a new suspension alone you will feel and see a differance, the svt suspension will take that a step further and firm it up a little and you will have improvements in the handling department.

and if your planning on doing the full suspension the svt kit isnt gonna cost that much more, or you might even be able to find it for cheaper that the stock replacements for the zts

·
le kittens meow
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well im looking at 2 front and 2 rear Springs, 2 Front and 2 rear shocks.
Would that be the full kit?

·
Registered
87 Posts
You can buy a complete kit right through Ford. It's much cheaper than even aftermarket parts. I believe the package was for the Spec Focus.

·
Jetsetter
6,656 Posts
yes that is the full kit you can find it for around $300 if you contact mike at hilbish ford (b16sir1991) he might be able to do better, or around that price, i know he i has been very busy at work lately as they are short people now, so shoot him a pm and give him time to respond, i think he said things are gonna slow down in a week or 2 if you can wait that long

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
Moved to ”Wheels, Tires, Brakes & Suspension”
There's got to be litterally hundreds of standard Foci that have done the conversion.
I'm sure you'll get more response in this area. [;)]

·
Registered
340 Posts
My last focus was a ZTS and I converted to the full SVT suspension on that and loved every minute I had it on there! You can not go wrong by putting it on!! And these guys are right, if you're gonna do it, just get the whole kit with the sway bars and all. Might not be a bad time to get new bushings for the bars as well as sway bar end links. It'll feel like a brand new car, boss...

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
check out the BST suspension forum. kit for 100 bucks!!!

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
I have the full SVT kit and it was great I could'nt beat the price it cam with everything springs, shocks, struts, and rear sway bar. You will definitly tell a derference between your old compared to the new one. The only problem I have is my tire and wheel package lol I wish I had some 17's with a more agressive tire hahaha

·
Registered
5 Posts
So the SVT Suspension fits on the ZTS? I am new here, did a quick search, and this thread came up. I noticed on the Ford Performance Website does not recognize it as compatible.

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
^^^ The suspension designs were unchanged from 00-05. The 06+ Foci need an adapter made by massive to put 00-05 struts on the fronts. The SVT suspension will fit your 02 fine though.

·
Registered
917 Posts
I replaced my ZX3 suspension with the SVT kit around 45k miles. It made a big difference, there is very minimal sway and understeer now. The parts look the same as the stock pieces, truly a bolt on kit.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts