Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I was just woundering if there are any differences between the SVT Focus and the RS?
aside from the motor, bumpers, wheels and seats.
Is the suspension all the same?
Has anyone ever swaped in the turbo motor over here?
Thanks
-Conrad

·
Registered
396 Posts
It would be one of the least cost effective routes to go, its not the same motor with a turbo, so to ship one over and swap and end up with what 217bhp? as opposed to adding FI to your exsisting motor wouldnt make a whole lot of sense

·
Registered
775 Posts
The motors are both Zetec except Europe calls there RS a Duratec engine. The compressions are different. SVT has the Getrig 6 speed and RS has MTX-75 5 speed. Suspension is better for the RS than the SVT. A quaife differential is in the RS. RS has an ignition start up. I believe no one has done the engine swap in the US. Why do an engine swap when you can add a turbo from www.focus-power.com and make better numbers than the RS?

·
Registered
498 Posts
yep what ever Kamui said... i totally agree!

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
What is ignition start up?

·
Registered
259 Posts
I think they are basically very different cars. Having just seen an RS in Europe last week, and owning an SVT, I would pick the RS hands down. The suspension is mind numbingly beautiful. It truly is a work of automotive art. But hey, the SVT does handle very nicely, and no matter how great the brake/wheel combo looks on the RS, the SVT is one superior braking machine.

And the SVT has some real pluses. I have full race seats in my Porsche and they can down right suck for driving around town. The Recaros in the SVT EAP are some of the best all round seats I have sat in.

Don't think I added anything new...

What we need is an STI / Evo equivalent. We need 300bhp to make both the RS and SVT light up, while remaining refined and exhibiting rational road manners. In WRC all the talk this year is about the superb handling performance of the Focus RS.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Good Lord are these two discussions we have had about 1,000 times (what's the difference between the SVT and RS and what's the difference between the ZX3 and the SVT). Search... you will find plenty of discussion on the topics.

In short, to answer Poney's question, the SVT Zetec uses the same block but revised internal components, revised head, revised intake and exhaust.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
RB said:
In WRC all the talk this year is about the superb handling performance of the Focus RS.
[offtopic]

Now imagine if Ford would put more money back into the program and get better drivers. I gotta admit though Gardemiester looked damn good the last time out.

·
Registered
47 Posts
saw a real RS down the street from me last week. when i saw the steering wheel on the right side, i knew it was the real deal. It truly is a sweet ride

1 - 11 of 11 Posts