Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
had my first race the other day. On my way home from work, i saw an integra, lowered, exhaust, typical stuff. I was behind the guy, and rode his ass on purpose so hed hit the gas..well he did, then I did, and got beside him. We both downshifted and we were even until 3rd gear..then i started pulling on him. Bythe tikme we hit 120, I was about 2 car lenghts ahead. Atg 135, he was toast! pretty fun race, but not as fun as my supercharged v6 stang. When the race was over, I stayed in fron of him at the next light so he could see my dealer tags, and rub it in he got beat by a stock car!

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
yeah type R's are fast most people told me this girl i know who drives one would smoke me if we raced

·
Registered
831 Posts
GS-R NO NO NO NO NO

VERY SLOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The type R is a different model than the GS-R Seb, one has like 130-160 horses(who really cares and a type R has 195 that really ******g moves. Those cars if handled by the right driver could cream our SVT's all day.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
oo ok I am confused I don't really no alot about imports except for the RSX

·
Registered
61 Posts
Type-R's def d d defin definately faster than GSR's. A buddy of mine (rich little bastard) has a type are that is running 13.4's And thats in Utah! A GSR would be a pretty fun race for our SVT's I must say.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Yeah Typer-R's are pretty quick - I raced a GSR my self not fast at all - Nice kill btw [thumb]

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
yeah, friends got a GS-R w/ vafc and ran a 15.4... definately a drivers race there

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Aside from the B18C's lack of torque, the Type R manages to impress me everytime I get in my buddies. His car is completely stock except for a catback, and man it hauls, handles, and stops. I especially like the factory limited slip...now if only SVT got the clue way back in 2002....

Nice kill.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
DilSVT said:
GS-R NO NO NO NO NO

VERY SLOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The type R is a different model than the GS-R Seb, one has like 130-160 horses(who really cares and a type R has 195 that really ******g moves. Those cars if handled by the right driver could cream our SVT's all day.
GS-R is "very" slow? You make it sound like its a metro lol Its got 170hp (USDM) and 180hp (JDM).

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Nice kill but you were doing 135? That's crazy. I'm surprised you didn't get yourself killed.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yeah, the GS-R has about 175 like you said.

The Type-R has 195 hp. Way different cars. There are hardly any Type-R's sold in america

Keep in mind people that those ricers get there integra LS's and put the GS-R or type-R emblems on them. That just cracks me up. I never no what im racin anymore....ha ha.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
ManlySVTfocus said:
Yeah, the GS-R has about 175 like you said.

The Type-R has 195 hp. Way different cars. There are hardly any Type-R's sold in america

Keep in mind people that those ricers get there integra LS's and put the GS-R or type-R emblems on them. That just cracks me up. I never no what im racin anymore....ha ha.
not really that different... just more tweaked in certain areas. Hense the reason why they call it a B18c1 and a B18c5

plus, the easiest way to tell is by hearing the cross-over. If you can hear it, its atleast a GS-R. I'd find it funny though too, but I can't say I've ever seen one with "false" badges around here.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
CivicHatch+SVT-F said:
not really that different... just more tweaked in certain areas. Hense the reason why they call it a B18c1 and a B18c5

plus, the easiest way to tell is by hearing the cross-over. If you can hear it, its atleast a GS-R. I'd find it funny though too, but I can't say I've ever seen one with "false" badges around here.
There is a guy at my school that has a gs-r with type r badges on it...does that count?

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
essveetee said:
There is a guy at my school that has a gs-r with type r badges on it...does that count?
lol... id slap him [?|]

I can see if someone throws a b16b motor in their civic and slaps a Type-R badge on it, because then it could be considered that. Or if someone was stupid enough to throw a b18c5 motor in their Integra (too much money though).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts