Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im a noobie [;)]

i have a friend who wants to run me, he has a 1.8t jetta bone stock can i beat him or do i get owned?

thanks

·
Registered
45 Posts
What year jetta??

·
Registered
816 Posts
I don't drive an SVT, but I've heard that they're hard to launch right. You might want to practice that.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I ran one auto with T/c and tiptronic and got rolled braked launch and it was over for me. 8th will be close but the quarter about 70-90 it pulled on me hard.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Def. work on your launch, that Jetta has alot more torque than the SVTF. If you get him off the line then with good driving you should own him.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for the info guys...yeah its from a rolling start

now i just gotta take the challenge and let you guys know what happened......doesnt help that 6-12 inches of snow is on the way , so this wont be happening anytime soon

·
Registered
382 Posts
awebb said:
I don't drive an SVT, but I've heard that they're hard to launch right. You might want to practice that.
i havnt had a problem launching at all but it took me an hour to learn how to use a clutch and i now cant stand autoimatics cause i like manuals better now and yea im prolly the youngest person here with a svt focus if i could do it you can do it. yea im only 16.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I can tell you are only 16... Do you know what commas and periods are?
Don't worry, I used to be the same way.

·
Registered
382 Posts
lol yea cause i use aim too much. "period" im not used to using and of those things. "period"

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have raced to of them and you can pull every trick out the book that 1.8t will get you evey time. Even on a rolling start. Don't even try to attempt to race a VR6.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
bowtiekiller said:
I have raced to of them and you can pull every trick out the book that 1.8t will get you evey time. Even on a rolling start. Don't even try to attempt to race a VR6.
[:(] So the GTIs would spank us also?

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I ran against my firends and beat him by a good car length. I think I actuallly got a better start than he did!

Keep the RPM's high on your take off..... But practice, too high means wheel spin! (Then you just sit there a second or so... before you have to play catch-up)

·
Registered
14 Posts
I got owned by a turbo jetta. I had passangers but he had a few things done, I forgot what it had but damn he layed it down. The guy was a prick, he thought he was the coolest thing ever but I was like whatever dude. I could've taken him without the weight and a couple of mods though. O yea I was stock.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
there not that quick it is a drivers race i raced my bestfriends cousin who has a 1.8t he beat me but only for three reasons

1 he had me off the start due to the fact that we didn't go 2 a stoplight he just counted down so he got a slight lead

2. i had a passenger which gave me and extra 150 pounds of weight it was harder to make the car kick

3. I miss shifted all though this is my fault its one of the reasons i lost

i will tell you we have the 0-60 but they have the 60-100 thats when the power of their engine really kicks if ur doing shorter races you can take them without to many problems

Also last night i was playing with a 2 Trans AMs Me and my friends rob and ryan were all in my car on the freeway a tranny pulled up and flashed us and we both took off he started to pull on me but i just kept pushing till i was going 130 it was insane but i did it and beat him =)
then on the way back from where we had went another tranny pulled up and wanted 2 race us this one was much faster i didn't stand a chance but it was fun as hell just playing around

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
One more thing if ur gonna be racing take of the traction control i had mine on last night when i raced which is one of the reasons i didn't get optimum performance traction control wastes some of the power of ur engine [?|]

1 - 20 of 22 Posts