Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can it be done? I know they are stiffer, just a random ???? but i think if it could work, then it could give you a higher revving engine w/ cams.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Get FR .450" lift valve spring, valve spring don't give you extra HP
I have my FR head, I'm going to sell the valve spring and put FR .450" that I have.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
I think he's asking if the springs will be able to better tolerate those high rpms hell be puttin em at, am I right? Though ill be honest, I didn't quite read the last post. Lol.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I think he's asking if the springs will be able to better tolerate those high rpms hell be puttin em at, am I right? Though ill be honest, I didn't quite read the last post. Lol.
I know what he's asking and being honest you wouldn't bother using svt parts, ok so there better then the stock Zetec parts but, your cutting yourself short and your car and buy the right parts the 1st time.
It'll make some what of an differences so if your going to pull the head out why wouldn't you put in the best parts you can.
I think it's an waste of time.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wasn't asking for opinion. the question is about theory. I have a FR head W/ the Crower II valvetrain, basically identical to the FR .450 lift valvetrain. I am not asking for myself or anyone. the idea had occurred to me and i was curious. no they do not give you more hp, but they prevent valve float. the svt makes power to ~7300 so the valvetrain is much better than a stock zetec. alot of power can be made w/ the right cams else, the aftermarket cams like anything above a crower 1 will have valve float after 7k. If someone had an svt head that they couldn't use or say that there was something wrong w/ it and they wanted to upgrade the zetec head, i was wondering if they will fit. Are the retainers the same. willl the valve guides work w/ them, etc. in other words are the parts interchangeable. I know about doing things right the first time. check my profile to see what I've done. I haven't taken any shortcuts. I only want to know if it is possible and if modifications need to be made.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Tom!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts