Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The previous owner of my SVT did a less than professional job replacing the cam when it went bad and did not know to let the VCT flip resulting in valve damage. My question is what are the specs of those valves? And is there any valves that I could get out of a junkyard that would work, or any other cheaper than performance build option? I'd assume the SVT and Zetec don't have the same valves? Thanks for the help y'all.

·
FF Affiliate
30,508 Posts
Your assumption is correct the Zetec and SVT have different valves , there is no other engine that has the same Valve specs so you could interchange the Valves

Let the VCT flip ???

Tom

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your assumption is correct the Zetec and SVT have different valves , there is no other engine that has the same Valve specs so you could interchange the Valves

Let the VCT flip ???

Tom
[/QU

Let the VCT flip ???

Tom
Thanks Tom, I was hoping you'd chime in but I meant set not flip, typo.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He didn’t do the belt, he had replaced the whole cam and I don’t think he correctly timed it. He may have also broken the reluctor wheel as we talked about on the phone that one time but I have yet to rip it apart.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts