Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved to the performance section where you can find more info..

Just what you want & future plans can affect the choice, the "better" clutches & flywheels aren't great for a stock DD. (even SVT)

Small step up instead of a large one if you don't have plans for a Turbo...

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Well. I beg to diff there. Always plan for more. I dd a stage 3 clutchmaster. No ill effects and when I punch the heck outta it i know it's gripping its pucks off.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
pasta's running a stock SVT in Queens, so his situation is a bit different.

Light flywheel & clutch happiest with fast engagement could be a PITA in NYC traffic.

If I hadn't seen people who wanted to switch back to something less aggressive than what they bought, I wouldn't mention thinking about the best fit for the application.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
True that. I guess it goes without saying. Some are meant for speed and some just cant take it. ;)-

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
I just installed a spec aluminum with stage one clutch kit in the lemons car. I can give you a review in a month on it if you'd like. But I would recommend the aluminum due to weight loses alone.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
pasta - it's worth thinking about for when you need one, quality replacement is fine if you're happy with it now but replacement time is perfect for making a change.

I play devil's advocate just because almost ANY change has a plus & minus. When the plus is what you want, the "minus" can become unimportant.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts