Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Turbo Freak
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well im looking to put my own kit together and wondering about all the important things so to be sure i have a good check list here it is

I found a OBX turbo mani with CX turbo and a CX intercooler does anyone know about the OBX mani?? or CX turbos?
then ill need injectors 60lbs
piping for the intercooler
tune(Focus Sport)
BOV
clamps hardware
oil return lines

thats all i know. WHAT IS A MBC i keep seeing that alot
and whats a MAFIA?
and if i left things out let me know!
thanks

·
Registered
352 Posts
MBC = Manual Boost controller...it's not needed but they are nice. Electronic are better. So you can adjust your boost setting without replacing the wastegate spring

MAFia helps your stock MAF sensor properly read the increased amount of air flow from the turbo.

You will need:
Research
Downpipe
3" MAF Housing
MAFia
Oil Feed/Return Lines
Manifold
Downpipe
Wastegate
Wastegate Dump tube
Intercooler
Intercooler Piping
Couplers/Clamps
BOV
60lb Injectors
Kenne Bell BAP
Boost Gauge
Wideband A/F Gauge
J&S System + Gauge
Updgraded Clutch (stg 3 or more probably)
LSD
Flywheel

Don't get into a turbo build without understanding what you are doing and planning everything out. It will just result in headaches and more money being spent. And finally don't cheap out on things if you can, buy new over used, etc. In the end boost is totally worth the work.

Sorry I don't know anything about the OBX mani.

·
Turbo Freak
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks a lot!!! rep for u
ok screw the obx and the cx turbo, i know someone selling a SPA setup(mani and turbo) with wastegate, DP, and waste gate dump connection
whats Kenne Bell BAP?

·
Registered
352 Posts
whats Kenne Bell BAP?
BAP = Boost-a-Pump. It helps boost your fuel pressure as the boost increases. Although Tom said he found a way to get by without one, it's still a good thing to have just in case. You don't want to be going WOT and have the fuel pressure drop off around 4.5k rpm.

·
Turbo Freak
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
uh

BAP = Boost-a-Pump. It helps boost your fuel pressure as the boost increases. Although Tom said he found a way to get by without one, it's still a good thing to have just in case. You don't want to be going WOT and have the fuel pressure drop off around 4.5k rpm.
right i dont want my car 2 blow up lol knock on wood[wiggle]

·
FF Affiliate
31,102 Posts
I have my DIY kit out and ready for 1495.00 and turbo for 675.00 and I can help you with a good tune

Like he said OBX and CX = CRAP

Tom

·
Turbo Freak
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^^^ok i dont know what DIY is? is it do it yourself...
whats all included??? and what turbo do i need t3/t4?

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
+1 for Toms turbo kit and tuning. I have everything in that list above on my car. Making 326 at 20psi. Obviously of you want to run less you can.

THe DIY kit from Tom is great to start with, it lays the best possible foundation for a quality kit and leave plenty of flexibility. I also have the Comp turbo Tom uses. Its a great turbo!!!

·
Turbo Freak
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
but whats DIY come with????
those r great numbers! i just wanna push anywhere fro 7 to 10psi just cuz its a DD for me.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
haha... maybe that's what the CX in "CX-7" means..... they use the CX turbo (lol i don't think so, but now I am curious what kind it uses) maybe when I'm bored I'll take the engine cover off of the mazda and see what's really under there. I know it's a 2.3L duratec [thumb]

·
Registered
708 Posts
Tavi!!! nooooo you're doing it before meeee

Damnit! I'm boosting my car by the end of next year. Hmph!

Let me know when you start building I want to be there.

·
Registered
594 Posts
So can you run the CFM ORP with Tom's set-up?? I wish i was boosted but i don't want to kill my daily driver or be changing clutches every time you turn around. I would Luv aound 250hp.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Why not just run Toms DP with Toms kit???

·
Registered
298 Posts
Does Toms DP replaces the cat too Orange??? If not an ORP seems a pretty logical question.....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts