Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any other vendor out there that offers F/I Parts for the SVT besides Tom? I'm looking for the Turbo Manifold (T3) Intercooler plumbing.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
the last bit of pipe that leads into the throttle body is designed for a zx3, you would have to have a new piece fabbed up for that. check sportcompactcar, I think they installed a PTE kit on an SVT

·
FF Affiliate
30,384 Posts
Down pipe has to be changed

Piping from the intercooler to TB has to be changed

Seems like something with the oil pump return had to be moved

From what i remembed the only thing they didnt alter in some way was the turbo and manifold

Tom

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LoL so the only thing that'll fit is the Manifold?

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
The intercooler was to big to fit on the car, the piping was setup for suck through MAF and we decided that blow through was be better so that has to be changed. Everything else was change just because ...... well I wanted better stuff[thumb]

Since I can afford it I thought .. why not!?

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
OOPS!! I thought your were talking about mine there Tom ... LOL

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have that issue of scc, and the thing I don't like about the kit is the manifold sits the turbo so low that they had to get a cutom oil scavenge pump for the turbo. They also blew it up because of the mass air being to close to the intake.

·
Registered
370 Posts
The only full Kit that will bolt up is Toms.

Every other kit that I am aware of will require a new downpipe and a new piping from intercooler to throttlebody.

But everything else should fit. Manifold, intercooler, oil lines etc.. but honestly fabricating a downpipe and piping to the throttlebody would be very expensive unless you have fab skills.

DCSBSVT said:
I have that issue of scc, and the thing I don't like about the kit is the manifold sits the turbo so low that they had to get a cutom oil scavenge pump for the turbo.
Yes it's extra parts that is never a good thing... but on the good side, they used HIGH quality parts. All aeroquip with steel braded lines and a quality pump!

DCSBSVT said:

They also blew it up because of the mass air being to close to the intake.
Dude.. where did you hear that??? Get your facts straight.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I read it in scc, it was the mass air being to close to the intake and it was messing up the airflow reading that ending up blowing up the motor. I did'nt see it happen I just read it in the issue of the battle of the project cars. I do agree that PTE's kit uses quality parts, but I would rather use Tom's kit, I just like the manifold and intercooler piping over PTE's kit. Sorry for any confusion.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts