Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do they exist anymore, now that Tom is gone. I checked out HiBoost but it looks like its not for the SVT.

·
Registered
666 Posts
None that are as proven as Tom's kit....

I know Xios is making a kit, but it places the turbo downstream after the cat/ ORP.

You could use any of the ZETEC kits (that offer a manifold) and modify the upper intercooler piping.

Do you research and find a kit that uses the right size turbo, etc. I'd get a stage 1 (no tuning) kit so you can get your own stuff. I got Toms stg.1 with a Predator, MAFia, and 55lb injectors.

If you are in PA, you are fairly local....I know a guy that can build you a turbo kit for about $2000-3000. He's awesome...he puts skyline motors in things and just swapped a Titan 5.6 V8 in an s14 style 240sx. You just have to supply your tuning in advance somehow...or go standalone.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You wouldn't happen to be talking about the guy the built the turbo nissian sylvia would you? The HiBoost kit looks pretty solid so maybe I could get that and modify it, but I am not sure if its for a Duratec.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Dussin said:
You wouldn't happen to be talking about the guy the built the turbo nissian sylvia would you? The HiBoost kit looks pretty solid so maybe I could get that and modify it, but I am not sure if its for a Duratec.
"that guy that built the turbo nissan sylvia" lol, cmon, be more specific...thats like saying "The guy that drives that civic!"

The guy Im talking about had a Nissan Hardbody truck with an RB25DET (2.5 single turbo R32), then a red 91ish 240 with the same motor, and now a 97ish 240 with a Titan 5.6 V8. My other buddy has a silver/ black 96 240 with an S14, which is now getting an RB25DET.

...so, I might be talking about him, I dunno...[;)]

·
Registered
666 Posts
floridafocukid69 said:
with toms stage 1 how much horsepower did u get out of your svt.
206whp, 191tq @ 10psi ON A VERY MODEST TUNE! 100% safety in mind. Soon I will be getting my front mount/ piping and 15-18psi so I should be in the 260-300 neighborhood.

·
Registered
454 Posts
tom's work is [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]g awesome

1 - 7 of 7 Posts