1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys

really thinking of going down the turbo route

just a few things bothering me though,

my cars body has done 118000 miles, as whats on the clock, but at 60,000 miles the engine went bang, and a reconditioned engine was put in there at a cost of 2500 great brittish pounds (all before i bought the car), so maybe a full rebuild???

anyways, take 60,000 off 118000, and you get 58000 miles

so my engine has done a few miles,

so, would turbo charging be too much for an old engine??

would it be a waste of money on an old car??

how reliable will it be, and can i still use it as a daily driver???

Im not after major power, 220 230 bhp would be ok.

also, what 0 to 60 times would i expect???

and lastly, who makes the best turbo kit, i herd toms is pretty decent

·
Trump 2016
12,990 Posts
Most people started with 100,000 before boosting. Depends how long going to keep car as far as money. Look to spend around 6000 so that's on you. Don't forget that's money you won't make back.For what you payed for engine sounds like junk yard swap for that price. Good luck.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Just do a good compression test a couple times.

NEVER FIX SOMTHING THAT ISN'T BROKEN

Replace your Timing belt. (exeption)

http://www.060calculator.com/

Get a quote from turbo turtle and Tom

"waste of money on old car" Only you can answer this brah, Car building and moddifying is a hobby that returns little to nothing financialy but can be greatly satisfying in acomplishments, achievements, and your finished, custom, Focus worth pennies on the dollar of what you have spent .

·
FF Affiliate
31,181 Posts
Have to agree with all of the above , Turbo on the SVT makes it the way it should of been from Ford

With your power goals and a proper tune you should be very reliable

Tom

·
Registered
372 Posts
0-60 time depend on your differential, tires, and the turbo itself... Take it from someone that went heavily NA then went Turbo. Build it for what you want. If you have a completly stock SVT a smaller turbo with high PSI would make your 220 to 240 goals. But it seems like a lot of money for small numbers. Our internals stock can hold around 300HP, also you have you change your clutch and a common clutch a lot of people get is the CM300 which is magically around the same numbers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts