Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so after doing some seaching around this site I wasn't able to find the info I'm looking for...The "problem" I'm having is when I shift from 1st to 2nd on hard pulls (taking the engine up past 5500 rpm), 2nd gear feels really "shallow". I know this might not make sence but it's hard to explain. The problem is that if I dont ALWAYS push the cluth all the way to the floor I'll miss 2nd (once when I was trying to make a left hand turn and really needed it). I find that I can't shift quickly because I have to be sure that I'm in 2nd. Under normal driving conditions (shifts at 2000 rpm) or just sitting, 2nd gear feels just as "deep" as every other gear. I hope someone know's what I'm taking about and can explain what the issue is. My car is still under warranty so if this is a real issue I'll get it fixed

Thanks,
Brian

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Yes, I think I know what your talking about. Might be a synchro. If it is under warranty, take it in and make them drive it with u in it, describing when and HOW it is hard to engage into 2nd.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts