Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone swapped the SVT six speed tranny into a regular zx5 or zx3??? Would it help performace?? My friend has a SVT and the tranny seems to be more stable and smoother.... he has the Steeda short throw on his, but i also have the Steeda on mine wich is only a ZX5..... his just seems so much smoother. Any advice, ideas, Opionions would help!!!

thanks

-Jared [thumb]

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
IMO I dont you would want to do this the getreg has had some problems and i've heard people say on here before that the mtx-75 was a better transmission.

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
save the money and mod the MTX, it will be just as good in the long run

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
well you might consider modding your motor first, after your making enough power, you couls go w/ LSD, light weight flywheel, gear set, clutch

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
6spd would slow u down in the 1/4 mile fyi better for driving everyday and track racing though but not for 1/4 mile

not worth the cash just work the one u have like mofo said

·
Registered
793 Posts
go with mofo and euro's advise!!! your tranny is fine stock until you start to make big #'s on the motor, then its time to upgrade it

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
i agree with euro and mofo. the mtx-75 is very good, once the power is there, then mess with better cluthches and shit,,the short throw will fell better when you do these.

·
Registered
131 Posts
If i recall correctly i believe the bellhousings on the tranny's are different.

But everyone's advice is good mod the engine and trans.

·
Registered
697 Posts
i believe focus central got gear ratio mods for the mtx. not bad pricing either.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts