Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today i saw a new ferrari going down I65, i was going to try to catch up by apparently the SVT has a limiter at 95?? It was either at 90 or 95, and the RPMs stopped at 4K. Do they make a chip to eliminate this?

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Ford avertises saying it has a top speed of 130 or 135

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
focus said:
Were you in 6th gear, most cars won't reach top speed in top gear.
ya, i was in 6th.. guess i could have stayed in 5th.[?|]

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
your car doesn't top out at 95. there's a thread about this called "how fast does it go". Its in the svt performance stuff.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I did read something somewhere that states that the SVT reaches top speed in 5th gear. I can try to find it and send it to you if you'd like.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
i topped my zx5 out at 110 going down a slight incline last night on rt30 =) a 350z was messing with me, he won of course hehe, but i kept up okay. when i hit my limiter, he took off like a rocket hehe, he must had hit 125+

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well do you guys top your car out in 6th, or stay in 5th??

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
stay in 5th shit in my car it tops out in 4th

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
I've come about as close to topping out at max speed as I'll probably ever get, in sixth gear. Be safe out there, though.

·
Registered
132 Posts
focus said:
Were you in 6th gear, most cars won't reach top speed in top gear.

Hey, you can always get up to 7200RPM's in 6th and put in into 3rd... Gives a real big HP Jolt! [:eek:)]

I did 115 in 6th gear and was not on it all the way. Had more to go... I've heard tops of 145!!! [:p]

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imajsdaddy said:
Hey, you can always get up to 7200RPM's in 6th and put in into 3rd... Gives a real big HP Jolt! [:eek:)]

I did 115 in 6th gear and was not on it all the way. Had more to go... I've heard tops of 145!!! [:p]
it wont let me go past 4K in 6th

·
Registered
38 Posts
ive hit 135 in 6th gear on a remote part of a highway tops off at about 5k or alittle under

·
Registered
38 Posts
shhh, thats not the point

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
In the back of every issue of Road & Track (if you read it) it has the cars tested and 1/4 mile times, prices, ect and plus top speeds. I think it's supposed to be 130. (SVTF)

·
Registered
115 Posts
i've already bought a chip. and it wouldnt raise the top speed governer. is there anyway for us to make our cars go past 110? nothing could be done to the ecu maybe?

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
You bought a chip and it didn't raise the limiter?? Are you sure that you installed it right cause it should have.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts