Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I just purchased a 2004 SVT and have a 2000 ZTS. I've tinkered with the ZTS with msd coil & wires, cold air intake, 65mm throttle body, throttle body spacer (which got for free so I put it on), Eibach sportline suspension with sway bars and lowered, short throw shifter, header and full exhaust. It's been my daily driver and honestly didn't expect much. I love the car. Now, since I was able to pick up this extremely clean SVT, I'm torn. Not sure to complete strip and my my ZTS a complete SVT by stripping the SVT. Both cars are immaculate, so this makes it very difficult to decide. I really don't care for the 2004 SVT, 2 door. I love my 2000 Zts look. I plan on Monday starting to strip the SVT. Obviously, motor and transmission 1st! I would like to het them to the shop asap for a complete performance rebuild for the Motor. Now, heres the issue do I turbo it or build the shit out of it and keep it NA and down the road maybe throw a 50hp shot of NOS on it. Then comes the 6 speed transmission to build or build the 5 soeed transmission. I've heard the 5 speed is a beast of transmission! I'm pretty much lost and will value any advice from you all. I'm new to this, so let me know what each one of you think.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Appreciate your opinion, but this car is rare only to the people that honestly want to own a Focus! I believe that the Sedan does and looks better! I mean the car has 168,000 miles no accidents and clean as anyone would want it to be. Actually more pure than your wife was on your wedding night! Oh, that goes to include the underneath that looks it rolled off the showroom floor. Hey, if your liberal or democratic ass wants it, give me $6500. I asked for opinions turning my ZTS to a SVT. Not to sell it you ignorant ****.

·
FF Affiliate
30,508 Posts
You cant just swap engines you will have to change all the wiring , dash ECU/PCM etc from the SVT , it would be a job , I would do a Durtec swap first and go with the 2.5 Fusion Duratec swap , you still have to change all the wiring and ECU/PCM

Tom

·
Registered
51 Posts
Appreciate your opinion, but this car is rare only to the people that honestly want to own a Focus! I believe that the Sedan does and looks better! I mean the car has 168,000 miles no accidents and clean as anyone would want it to be. Actually more pure than your wife was on your wedding night! Oh, that goes to include the underneath that looks it rolled off the showroom floor. Hey, if your liberal or democratic ass wants it, give me $6500. I asked for opinions turning my ZTS to a SVT. Not to sell it you ignorant ****.
I think it's going to be difficult to find people to help you desiccate the supply of stock SVTs in this forum. Also the extreme aggression doesn't help much...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hey thanks I thought it was only me that noticed the extreme aggressiveness that I got in return for merely voicing my honest opinion which was told to Express honestly .I thought well maybe I'm the only one that thought it was distasteful to gut a pristine example of a stock SVT once again thank u for agreeing with my take on the subject

·
Registered
51 Posts
Yeah I wasnt thinking of that cuz theres no input now just tryin to wind people up lol
That seems like a lot of effort though like, you got to be at a hell of a low point to learn about this specific rare car, find a forum group for them, and then write all that. Seems like too much effort to be a troll IMO. Either way the less this guy posts on this forum the better.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts