Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if my throw out bearing seal is suppose to secure the bearing into place without it popping back out of place? And does anyone know where i can find a cheap throw out bearing if i need to buy one? Thank you for anyone that can help me!!

·
Registered
497 Posts
Does anyone know if my throw out bearing seal is suppose to secure the bearing into place without it popping back out of place? And does anyone know where i can find a cheap throw out bearing if i need to buy one? Thank you for anyone that can help me!!
I am pretty certain the throwout and slave cylinder are a one-piece unit. They cannot be serviced independent of one another . It would be foolish to not replace it if you have the tranny out as they are wear items, cheap but hard to get at. Get an oem from Ford it will be no more expensive and likely much better quality than aftermarket.
To answer your question, no. The boot protects clutch dust from contaminating the slave cylinder it does not hold the throwout in place.

·
Registered
497 Posts
You quoted yourself to say you are with stupid? haha!

BTW - Hello to a fellow MSP SVT driver. If you live in the south metro I've seen your car around a few times on hwy 13.... She looks pretty damn clean!!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
anyone know where i can find these online!!?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts