Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand from the many posts on the issue that the best fix for the most common leak (ie from the bottom plug) is a new metric 7mm ID 3mm dia. O ring.

I have a small leak from the top of the housing where the temperature sensor is located. This too has an O ring to make the seal. I have not taken the O ring off for fear of it breaking and then being car-less - so my question is; does anyone know if the O ring for this sensor is the same as the plug? Any ideas? Has anyone changed this O ring as well as the O ring on the bottom plug?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Opps! - Sorry moderators - is this in the wrong place? Maybe should have gone in SVT discussion lounge....??

·
your killing my fun
3,090 Posts
i just replaced my whole houseing with what the dealer told me was the updated assembly it only cost me $43 for the parts was gonna be more but i seen that i could get the t stat alot cheaper at autozone and it came with the new rubber that went around the thermostat

·
Registered
714 Posts
The oring is a slightly different size
i think it and the temp sensor o-ring is #203 & the bottom plug is #109
Note these thermostats also fail inside
see this thread

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The oring is a slightly different size
i think it and the temp sensor o-ring is #203 & the bottom plug is #109
Note these thermostats also fail inside
see this thread
Thanks, I had read here that the plug was between a #202 and #203 - but even better was the metric 7mm ID / 3mm dia.

- But you confirmed my hunch that the sensor o ring is a different size. I just need to get a firm idea of that size. I might get a set of varying sizes and see. BTW, so far the thermostat seal itself is OK.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts