Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. Just bought the car not long ago, and I need to follow up on the TSB's (Transaxle rattle, reflash) and i DO expect a rental car and vacuum. I don't care WHO says WHAT, I get a rental and the mechanics should know my car better than I do damn near.

Ok, now that that's out of the way. Does ANYONE know of a shop like this in the Ohio area? I realize there are no longer SVT Certified shops/dealers, but does anyone know of one that WAS certified? Or a shop they take their car to that does not argue the SVT perks adn knows what they're doing? A guy? Anything?

Preferrably Columbus, but I'm willing to travel an hour or so to ensure i don't encounter idiot mechanics and douchebag servicemen.

Thanks guys
and have a GREAT time at the g2g, i'll see you at the next one.
ryanM

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm looking for a shop that people have experienced.

and there ARE NO MORE svt exclusive dealers. It's a big cluster[:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]* anymore.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I took my svt to dick masheter on the east side and they will give you a car off their lot if your 25 or older or they will get a car from enterprise if your under 25 but at least 21. I didnt get a car cause I only had to wait like an hour for them to fix a couple of little things. You need to call them and set up an appointment or your best bet would be to stop by tell them everything you need done and make an appointment and say that you will need a loaner car because you own a svt and you get these perks. If you do run into any problems give svt a call(1-800-FordSVT) I think thats the number and tell them to give the dealership a call. The main thing is saddly you cant just go to a dealer and expect them to give you a free loaner without saying anything, you have to let them no you get a loaner and that its one of the reasons why you bought an svt in the first place.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok UPDATE----------

I took my car into Masheter Ford Today on the east side. I will be posting updates as to their service provided, in hopes that we can get a DEFINATE good Ford shop going here in Columbus. Not that we're starting one, but so people in the Columbus and surrounding areas know they can take it to a place others have experienced.

So FAR-------------
Rental car, NO questions asked. They gave me a GT40 as a loaner car!!!!!! Except that it says Taurus on the back of it. Did you guys know the GT40 can only do 0-60 in like 12 seconds? What a disappointment.

I called, set up an appointment, called again to drop the car off earlier than planned, all without hassle. I drove the car in the garage, they drove it off, asked me 5 minutes of questions, and I was out of there. (in the GT40).

I told them about the clutch TSB, and the reflash. i did not mention anything else. I did not mention the vacuum or the wash. I'm going to see how much they do. If they find other problems and fix them, and wash and vacuum no questions, then that is a VERY GOOD thing. If not, I still have a month left to nit-pick rattles and such. I'm looking for an act of good faith, and I'm going to find out in ONE shot if they are dependable, reliable, honest, efficient, and well versed.

The gentlemen assisting me said that they ARE an SVT certified Shop, and have several mechanics who know their way around the SVT's very well. (yet to be seen on the work)

Like i said, i'm going to keep it updated. Some people have already stated these things, but I'm just another Disciple for FF trying to help Central Ohioans a dependable shop if need be.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
------------------UPDATE---------------------

They called today to let me know that they had to order parts, and that they wouldn't be in for 4-5 days. They said if I wanted to get my car, and bring it back when the parts are in, that I could. I appreciated that, as now my car will only be in the shop as long as absolutely necessary.

They did say they may have to replace the transmission if the input shaft is messed up too bad. So, new flywheel and clutch so far. Possibly more. They've been nothing but courteous to date.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Good to hear every thing is going smooth. Hope the good treatment continues.[thumb]

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
dang man!! At least they are a good shop most ford shops around her suck!

Are you going to be able to make the QSL meet next sunday??

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I talked to Nick project, and I do think we are heading up on Sunday. what time?

Ths shop ordered new parts so far. But only a new master cylinder, flywheel, and the necessary hardware. No clutch. Now, if they're replacing the flywheel, that means it was causing wear on the clutch, so they had better replace that too. I don't know if they are waiting to drop the tranny to see what is worn, and then order MORE parts if need be, but they SHOULD have ordered me a clutch as well. At this point, when my parts come in, if they see the clutch is worn, I'll have to wait for them to order the clutch too. That'll be another 3-4 days.
My warranty runs out in a month. This better all be taken care of by then. We'll see.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
i think we are gonna do it between 5 and 6 sun night but everyone has to chime in and sa which is best

·
Registered
352 Posts
Is this true what i'm hearing? You automaticlly get a loaner car for owning a SVT? I have NEVER GOTTEN ONE....

I have some rattling in the front of my car, when i hit bumps. I took it to a dealership and they replaced some suspension stuff: steering nuckle, connecting rod ends, ball joints. The rattle is still there and gettingg worse. I took it to another shop and they can't find anything wrong with it. What did your MTX rattle sound like? I'm starting to wonder if it is my MTX, but it makes the noise when i hit bumps, not shifting or accelerating. It's kind of like a clicking knocking sound. Any help would be appreciated. So far this problem has cost me aproximately $1,200, and not fixed.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
as for the SVT loaner, yeah. The first time i dropped the car off, they brought me one. The second time i dropped it off, (they let me come get my car and drive it for a few days while they waited to get my parts in) I had to mention it, but no problems.

YOU DO GET A LOANER. you don't leave unless you have one. it states so on your OASIS report, (ford can run your oasis report and it says so on there),

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok update time. . .

The work is done, and so far i'm pretty happy. I've got a new master cylinder, flywheel, clutch, front/right drive shaft, and some sort of reflash on the ECU, (but i dont think it's the YRF0).

The clutch, ahhh. . .it starts engaging about 1/4 inch off the floor, and it's light as hell. I love it. Gotta baby it for a month or so, but i LOVE the new position, i actually got to move my seat forward to proper racing positioning and now EVERYTHINGs comfortable and where it should be.

As for Dick Masheter here in C-Bus, to recap:
-Attempted to make an online appointment, and never heard back.
-Called, dropped of the car, and was given a rental with no problems, People were nice.
-Was called back in a day and told I could have the car until the parts arrived, 3-4 days.
- Wasn't called back for a week, then told to drop it off Monday.
-Dropped car off on monday morning, and had to mention rental car, but was given no hassles.
-Called Thursday, and they said they hadn't touched it yet, that there were people "in before me."
- Called on saturday, car was done, but they ordered some more parts for the drive shaft. I hadn't complained of any problems up there, so they found this on their own and replaced the necessary components. +1
-Was called on Monday saying all the work was done and I could pick up the car. Picked it up, so far so good.

My service manager was Craig, and he did about an A- job on keeping me informed of everything going on. Nice guy.

So there you go, if you're looking for an SVT Certfified shop in Columbus, Dick Masheter is it. Hassle free rentals, quick work once your car is "next", good phone communication, good reliable work (so far), they found a problem on their own and fixed it under warranty, and nice people.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts