Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
MOAR BEWST!!!!
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, a little backround. Some people may know about my focus being hit last summer while in the school parking lot so hard that it bent my left rear trailing arm resulting in needing a new one, along with a new LCA and one of teh stabilizer bars.

During this, I needed to take the hub off obviously along with the wheel speed sensor. Well when i took the bolt out for the WSS it broke off. So when I had the hub out I had to drill through to get the bolt out. I did have a towel under it because I know that the hub is magnetic and so is the wss, but some still got on there. I also started my car with the wss unplugged and after about 5 minutes (sitting there becuase it was to charge my battery) the Traction control and ABS lights both came on.

The sensor is now plugged back in and everything is together. Here is the weird part. When I back out of my driveway they go off. They stay off until I reach about 20 mph then they come back on. I have disconnected the battery for ten minutes and it didnt clear this. The fact that neither work doesnt bother me the lights do so I might as well fix it.

Any suggestions??

·
Registered
784 Posts
check the ECU for any codes, even if the CEL isn't on there could be one. that could give you a place to start.

·
MOAR BEWST!!!!
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
can i get a scan tool for that? like a OBDII reader?

·
Registered
240 Posts
well you can try and obd2 and see if it will pick up any codes also try the abs scanner.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Lights being off until y reach a certain speed is the diag the system runs at every startup (indicates a bad sensor output i.e. out of range) a scan is a good start

·
Supercharged
3,275 Posts
Did you ever get this fixed?

I had a similar problem. My car sat a couple weeks while I was out of town. I get back and the ABS and Traction lights came on after I let it warm up. I backed it out and drove it around and they stayed off for a week. Then I let it sit again and they popped back on. Now they have stayed off. I'm not sure what the deal was but would like to be ready to fix it.

hrmph

·
MOAR BEWST!!!!
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no i didnt and I dont think ill be able to do anything about it until the spring because my car is sitting in my garage till the snow and salt dissapears

1 - 7 of 7 Posts