Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to mount some tailights lower for that "euro" look. Has anyone installed anything that doesn't look like an add on (ricey)? I was thinking of mounting them on the diffuser (I have center exhaust exit) so I would not have to disturb the body or bumper.
Dan

·
FUBARCUS
2003 ZX3 2016 FoST
7,786 Posts
I think that would look good because in my opinion the center exit diffuser looks like crap because the way they left the sides. I do think center exit exhaust is BA just not the diffuser. You could try to use LEDs maybe but that might be ricey looking. I'm sure other guys will give you lots of ideas. You could always try photo shopping things onto you car that would atleast give you an idea of what it would look like.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
There are a few members on here who have done exactly what you want to accomplish. Off the top of head, I can't remember their screen-names, but I do know that they just went out and bought generic round lights and found a way to secure them behind the diffuser. Both looked pretty awesome actually. With the way they had them set you could really tell they were there normally, but when the rear fog or reverse lights were hit they would shine nice a bright.

Someone else might be able to give you more info on it.

I just went the less creative way and installed a full Euro rear bumper, lol

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There are a few members on here who have done exactly what you want to accomplish. Off the top of head, I can't remember their screen-names, but I do know that they just went out and bought generic round lights and found a way to secure them behind the diffuser. Both looked pretty awesome actually. With the way they had them set you could really tell they were there normally, but when the rear fog or reverse lights were hit they would shine nice a bright.

Someone else might be able to give you more info on it.

I just went the less creative way and installed a full Euro rear bumper, lol
Yes, I might consider the Euro bumper. What kind of costs are involved? The center exhaust may hose that up though.

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
look in the BST area. dude is selling what you seek. although, the center diffuser would have to be removed to work with your pipe

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Has anyone seen a source for a simple small round LED style tailight that will surface mount?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts