Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Was that our exit?!?
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So its time for me to get new dampers at 70,000 miles. I do not care about ride height as far as physical appearance. Had some ass do the old shopping mall hit and run. Have a nice dent in front fender and door. Sweet

My question to you other SVT owners. Is there a noticable improvement in ride comfort and performance over stock SVT Suspension? I know the SVT suspension is good.

I only need dampers. So you can get them new for $200. Are the aftermarket systems worth (performance wise) the extra $300?

Thanks, Tim

·
Registered
284 Posts
ive been looking into the same thing. I have a bit more mileage on my car...78k, so i figure i might as well before they get really worn out.

i think the svt dampers are more then sufficient for most applications, and they have a great ride quality. I personally m hesitant to switch from that. Plus, theyre fairly inexpensive..and the kit comes with all knew bushings and what not.

I do want to lower the car a little bit..and i think, new OEM SVT dampers with some H&R, Tein or Eibach springs might be the best way to go. a little bit of lower ride hight, SLIGHTLY firmer ride, but no noticeable difference in ride quality.

·
Registered
591 Posts
runniing a aftermarket spring with oem svt dampers will wear them out in about 3 months regardless if they are new or not...

if ya guys dont wanna lower to much and have the quailty ride of svt and upgrade the eibach pro is a great choice so i hear...i think thats what im going to go with.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I put the SVT setup on my '05 ZX3 and I love it.
Looking through the Ford Racing catalog online I see they sell a Dynamic Damper suspension kit, springs and dampers, has anyone tried these yet?
It looks like an inch and a half drop.

·
Registered
284 Posts
i dont agree that lowering springs will wear out new OEM shocks . Theyre designed for stiffer springs anyway, and i dont think the spring rate b/w OEm SVT springs and that of eibach or H&R are all that different to begin with. if you throw lowering springs on OEM dampers that have say, 20k miles or more on them..then i can udnerstand that, they will definitely wear them out faster. New ones i think will be a different ball game.

I've done that setup on other cars that I have owned with out a problem. I know of a few others on the forum that have great results with that setup

·
Registered
591 Posts
you might wants to look at the sticky in the forum about suspensions thefrush gives a great run down for ya guys and they have the spring rates and many are alot stiffer then stock svt...especially h&r.

·
Registered
25 Posts
You mention svt suspension kit can be found new for 200$?
Would you mind sharing with us where ?
we are talking about the 4 springs, shocks and struts , right ?

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
He was talking about the dampers only.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts