Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I'm looking to buy a ZX3 soon and was wondering if the car would handle better with the SVT suspension upgrade or with a set of mid range aftermarket coilovers and sway bars.

·
So mote be it
8,959 Posts
Well by handle better what do you mean? Like handle as a DD that is still oem comfortable as far as ride quality goes? Or do you mean if you go hard on the car which will handle better?

I set of coils, mid-range like ST would definitely out perform an OEM SVT suspension. You get the ability to change ride height depending on your needs as well. I'd vote for coilovers if you can live with the stiffer ride [:)]

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool thanks for the reply. I had coilovers on my NA Miata and they weren't a problem for me as far as stiffness goes.

·
Premium Member
8,343 Posts
It depends on what you classify as mid range..

if you mean ST-Ksports-EIbach then yes they will outperform the svt suspension.

now stuff like raceland and ebay crap.. not so much..

·
Super Moderator
8,958 Posts
If a nice set of coilovers is out of reach you could do a springs and sway bar comb. Keep in mind depending on what springs you get will be dependant on how long your current shocks will last.

I'm running a svt, eibach sway combo and love it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I was thinking about springs but you can't go as low as I want with them.

About racelands, I had them on my Miata, and they definatly aren't the greatest coils you can get buy I don't think they are as bad as everyone says. Better than the stock suspension IMO.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
Hi everyone. I'm looking to buy a ZX3 soon and was wondering if the car would handle better with the SVT suspension upgrade or with a set of mid range aftermarket coilovers and sway bars.
Keep in mind that the '00-'05 has the most suspension options vs the later '06+ cars. If you happen to find a '06+ car you;d need to get the ''omni kit''.
It depends on what you classify as mid range..

if you mean ST-Ksports-EIbach then yes they will outperform the svt suspension.

This^^^^^^^^^^^
now stuff like raceland and ebay crap.. not so much..
& this^^^^^^^^^^ Checkout tirerack.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts