Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need All you SVT'ers Help. My Car wiggles allot on one side or the other in the rear when it hits a bump going straight or in a turn. This only happens if the Left or Right rear wheel hits a bump or manhole cover seperately. If the car hits the bump with both rear wheels it acts fine.

ANy Ideas?
The car did not do this when i bougt it new 2 years ago.

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,102 Posts
When was the last time you had an alignment? How much air is in the tires? How many miles are on the suspension?

·
GreyRice WOoT!
10,786 Posts
maybe you got something in your struts/springs, or the spring just collapsed more on the one side?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was at the dealer for 12 days for this and another issue so I would believe they have checked all this (Air Pressure, Alignment, Torque specs). I would believe they checked the alignment as well since they replaced my driver side rear control arm and trailing arm. But I dont have my Paperwork back yet so i have no idea what else they did.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Broken sway bar might cause that as well. Some of this stuff you should be able to check on your own :) Just do a visual inspection of the parts and maybe just go to each corner and give the car a good shove and see what's doing what on the suspension.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I looked at everything and it looks good. Anyone have the number for SVT handy? This is out of hand!!!!

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,102 Posts
I've learned not to trust Ford or anyone working on my cars. I always go through and check things out before i leave. I would recheck all this stuff before going to SVT About, which they might have you check anywayz.....i know Tire Kingdom give you free Alignment Checks......

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It is under warranty so I have no choice but to bring it to them. Well I will be calling the dealer today to find out when the Ford rep will be in to look at my car again.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
My wife's ZX3 does the same thing I and though I was the only one. My SVT didn't do that and it was 2 years old before I sold it. I'm replacing the stock suspension on hers tomorrow with the stock SVT suspension and we'll see if that changes anything. I was scared the first time it happened to us. When we turn to the right there is also some creaking or scrubbing noise in the right rear too...maybe the new stuts and springs will help....

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well if you figure out what it is let me know. Cause the dealer and the Ford rep dont want to fix my car. They say it is NORMAL!!!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well due to the Rep's and my schedule they can't look at my car till mid june. It should be a fun trip back to NY driving this car. :):)

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Mid June !!! Thats ridiculous. Try another dealer. It may be a safety issue.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I will be back in NY and I will try a dealer when I am out there. I was driving in the rain yesterday and It gives you an uneasy fealing when you hit bumps

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well the Ford rep looked at it and stated they have drivien many focuses (I was told 8) over 25k miles and they have had similiar issues. There is no known fix i was told since they dont know what is casing it. So i will be writing a letter to FORD this week.

Woo HOO great customer service from the Manufacturer!!!!!

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
that suxs

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well i wrote a letter to ford and mailed it out a week ago. Lets see what happens

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,102 Posts
That's a load of crap. I'd call their care line everyday untill this is takin care of. Be annoying as possible w/o being an A-Hole [thumb]

1 - 19 of 19 Posts