Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all. so i just picked up a full svt suspension setup and upon inspecting it i noticed that the front damper/strut had something missing. Seems to be this small piece that juts out and would probably bolt onto something. is it actually like this?

the small part in question is the one jutting out to the right:

seems like this rusty square could accommodate that piece...i saw what seems to be rivets. this is the one where i think it's missing:

here i have them both up:

am i missing that piece or is it like this?

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
thats what the brake line rubber grommet bit clips into. it should be on both. The strut should be a mirror of the other side.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Yup, looks like you lost the bracket for the brake hose somehow. Not absolutely necessary, I guess, but I wouldn't feel comfortable running without it. Your brake hose could get snagged and broken.

Toby

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hey all. I am the seller, trying to fix the situation.

I had a shop remove these from my SVT and install Koni's. I never realized the tab was "broken" off.

Before we have to go through the trouble of sending parts back and everything...is this something that can be fixed?

Like, is there a universal brake line mount that can be added to the strut? I would obviously pay for any repair needed.

Thanks.

·
So mote be it
8,950 Posts
Yeah, my coilover came with a bolt on bracket for holding the brake line. You have two types, one that wraps around the body of the shock and then a second that attaches to where the bolt that holds the shock in place to the knuckle.

Both work just as fine as the hard one mounted to the strut, no biggie.

You should be able to google and find something like this:
http://kspecracing.com/i-509997.aspx

Not a focus but this is the idea as the second one i described, straight piece of metal that you bend to where you need it.

The sort that wraps around the shock body:

Both are easy to install, I liked the straight piece that I could more easily bend to where i needed it to be. Having something is all that matters though, you dont want to get the line caught on something when turning and get it ripped and lose brakes. Ill look in my garage for a spare, PM me today and ill see if i can find it...i can send you one if i do

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
interesting! i was just speaking with others and there might be a chance we could fabricate something sturdy and quick. thanks for info rambleon, and shb, i'm sure i can muster something up. i'll keep you updated but i'm sure itll be fine.

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
I have no mounts on my car. Have no issues at all.

I wouldn't fret about it.

·
Registered
211 Posts
interesting! i was just speaking with others and there might be a chance we could fabricate something sturdy and quick. thanks for info rambleon, and shb, i'm sure i can muster something up. i'll keep you updated but i'm sure itll be fine.
Again, let me know if there is anything you need / want from me.

I have sold a lot of things on different forums and have always been honest. I am a bit ashamed that I over-looked that part missing. As I said, I had a shop swap out the suspension for me.

Thanks to everyone for their input and help as well.[race]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts