Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My parents bought me the svt suspension kit for graduation and i finally got to working on it today. I was amazed at how easy the front end was to take apart, swap out parts and reassemble. The rear end took a while longer, mostly getting the control arm bolts to fit in while compressing the new springs into place. It may just be the butt dino, but the handling feels MUCH more precise than before. All in all, i say a great product for the price and the 6 hours it took to install it.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I only have stock 15" wheels on at the moment. I'm looking at getting 16" rota slipstreams, but i'll only do that when i eventually get the svt brake conversion kit.
What wheels and tires do you have? What do you think about them?

·
Registered
550 Posts
if you know anyone else who is lookin for an svt susp mine is gonna be up for grabs by this weekend at latest i have a full eibach kit im in process of swapping on. ill include the springs , dampners and sways at a pretty reasonable price.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
How much do you want for it

·
all grown up
3,949 Posts
Kepp, I have 17" Konig Troubles. They are definitely a few pounds lighter than my original steel rims, and they really improve the way the car handles probably more than the suspension did. I just put on some new 215 Z rated tires because the old 205 Ziex's were running real low on tread...that also made a huge difference on the way it handles. I know what you're saying about the brakes though--I had trouble coming to a stop with 3 guys in my car recently..I almost had to pull into the next lane over for fear of lightly rear ending the van in front of me! Luckily the light turned green and gave me a little bit more room. SVT brake kit is so expensive though :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.