Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i sometimes feel the car surging while am cruising in whatever gear the speed limit calls for at the time, and it mostly happens around 3k rpms. there is no drop in rpm noticeable on the gauge either. it doesnt do this in cruise control, and it doesnt do it while acclerating. any ideas? i am working toward getting the xcal 2 shortly as well.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
I'll bet you still have the original flash in the ECU from the factory dont you.... let me guess you have an RLA6 ECU code.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, it is stock flash. i am not sure of the code. is that common for this car?

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Yep. An aftermarket flash should have a more noticable difference for you than it did me, the 04's came with a different program (ZED0) which was, apparently, a lot smoother, tho I've still seen a ~2-3mpg increase in fuel economy, so I cant complain.

The advice here will be close to unanimous, reflash = good.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i figured as much. i am about to take care of the tune right away. thanks.

·
FF Affiliate
30,872 Posts
Here is what i would do

New SVT Focus-Power Predators for 395.00 mention this add for a 45.00 Instant rebate = 350.00

Focus-Power was the first Co. anywhere to tune a SVT Focus out side of Ford , We had tuning for almost a Year before anyone else offered tuning , No one has done more tuning with the SVT Focus than Focus-Power has and this shows with VERY VERY FEW customers with tuning issues

Because of the cost of the Predators in the past i could not offer this discount we now have the BEST tune at the LOWEST price

I will now be offering FREE tuning for as long as you own the tuner as long as its NA

Tom

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sounds good 1turbo. i will look into that i hope in the very near future. any chance you have any decals of that diablo circle devil logo? i would sport that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts