Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The subwoofer in my 2002 Focus SVT has finally given up after 12 years. No more "gettin' jiggy wit' it" until I can replace it.

I have no desire to move to an after market unit if I can help it. My days of impressing the ladies with loud music are over. I use this car to drive back and forth to work and will be replacing it soon enough. At that time, it will go to my teenage daughter, if she can keep her grades up.

I have read there several owners have upgraded under similar conditions. I think a Sony sub I have found on Crutchfield will fit (dimensions are within current measurements).

Has anyone purchased a factory unit from Fordparts,com or the dealer? The part number on the component itself is YL1F-18808-AA, and Ford's part number on their website is 18808, but the price seems awful low at $23.

Any advice is appreciated.

OJ

Attachments

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
IIRC most shallow mount 8's can fit in there. A 10" can fit with a little modification as long as it's not very deep and with some polyfill.

Then again, subthump makes a good a good enclosure that comes standard with a 10" hole or a 12" hole if you ask for it. Plus they can make it deeper for more internal volume if you want.

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
Wouldn't surprise me if the factory woofer is 23 bucks lol

I put a cheap 8 in mine and it sounded pretty good. I actually still have another 8 left over since the 8 came in a pair. The only problem is it sounded better that I kept wanting more and more and well you know how that ends when you want more bass.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts