so if anyones has stripped their focus before, what would
be the most ideal choice?
and honestly I dont want the sub coming out so that is
off the list haha
:p

·
Registered
105 Posts
Start off with the spare tire, rear seat delete kit, carbon hood. The combination of those should shed some considerable lbs.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
If you are getting beat by a GTS then you need to work on your shifting. There is no way you should get beat by one unless he has a turbo. Him removing some weight is not the problem.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
The rear seat in the svt weighs more than 80lbs by itself. The spare tire and jack and other pieces back there would be appx. 40-50 lbs. A light weight battery, such as a Dyna Batt (same thing as Hawker genesis) weighs only 13.5 lbs compared to the stock one that is about 42lbs.. Thats a good start.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
The Focus hood is pretty light, carbon hood is pretty much just for looks IMO, a small, lightweight battery would do a lot more for lightening your car.

·
Regulator...mount up
3,026 Posts
Strip the hatch, should be like 3 or 4 pieces which are only there for looks imo if you want also do a rear wiper delete while you're at it. RhodySVT has anyone done a weight comparison between the carbon vs oem hoods?

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
Lemme see...searching for weight reduction...
Yep. [;)]
Weighed my car yesterday
Gutted Out Svt
Weight Reduction
There's lots of good numbers and ideas in those threads.

Don't forget, lightweight flywheel and lightweight wheels will go a long way towards improving acceleration (and decceleration).

·
Registered
626 Posts
is it possible to pull the rear seats like for an auto x day and put it back??? i wanna do it but havnt looked into it to much, and i really like my back seats

·
Registered
645 Posts

·
MW2 NE1?
1,612 Posts
lol. cup holders too...i'd only take out for the weight reduction if i'd ever go to a race track or some place to where i'd need lose those lbs. to help be quicker.

·
Registered
1 Posts
lose some more lbs on your svt

you can also lose around 20-25lbs by cutting your mufflers off your stock exaust and welding straight pipe in its place and dont forget the resinator.you lose about 35lbs but add about8 or so back so overall u lose about 25lbs or so.

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
a CF hood is WAAAAAY lighter than stock...my CF hood way almost blowing away in the wind gusts when I put it on. that stock hoos is BEEFY.

if you take the rear seats out your ass end WILL rotate much easier....trust me on that. I def noticed a difference, like a way stiffer rear swaybar. Just FYI

+1 on the rims. Exel F-1's are 19lbs i believe. (what I have)

·
Premium Member
6,581 Posts
Of course.

Whoever said rear seat "delete kit" is kinda missing the point. You don't want to add a flat floor into the car cause it just adds weight again. Just remove the rear seats and you're done.

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
is it possible to pull the rear seats like for an auto x day and put it back??? i wanna do it but havnt looked into it to much, and i really like my back seats
The seat bases are really easy to pop out, but the seat backs are a bit of a PITA with the way they are attached together at the bottom.

BTW, rear seat delete puts you in SM if you care about what class you're in.

·
Premium Member
6,581 Posts
If you are getting beat by a GTS then you need to work on your shifting. There is no way you should get beat by one unless he has a turbo. Him removing some weight is not the problem.
Doesn't the GTS have a VVTi motor? Those things are no slouches.

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
+1 more on light rims.
17" teamdynamics are about 17lbs. or u could get hte 15" Teamdynamics PR1's @ 13lbs each and they clear your brakes.

if you are really serious, remove your AC, lightweight battery, replace sunroof with sheet metal, remove your power heated leather seats, strip the entire rear hatch, drain your winshield fluid resivoir, run min levels of oil and coolant, titanium exhaust pipes, and the list goes on.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts