Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone out there has replaced there stock 8 inch sub in there svt and how they got it out of the box. I tried removing it and couldnt pry or pull it out after taking all the screws out. And if you did replace the sub in the box, how good does it sound and what kind of sub did you use?
Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
For all the info on this go to my Cardomain page---the link is below in my signature. And the sound is GREAT. A TREMENDOUS improvement over stock and the box volume matches up with the requirement for the JL sub I used.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help. Also, great job on your box, sub set up, looked like alot of work, but the way you did it, it looks worth it. thanks again...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Cover

KCSVTF,

I am looking for that that stock Carpeted piece that has grill and covers the Sub. Would you be able to see if there are any stamping or part numbers on that the piece. I went too Ford, but they couldn't help to much. Been Driving me crazy thanks!

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
kcstvf, what amp did you use with the jbl sub? and what model jbl sub did you use? Is the fiberglass patch holding up? It should be breaking off soon. fiberglass resin shouldn't stick to that to well. you would be better to find a piece of pvc and use pvc glue to patch it.. more perminate

·
Focus Enthusiast
2,208 Posts
i disagree, it looks like it wasen't laid on jsut one side, it was laid on both sides of the enclosure and it loooks pretty damn strong, i wouldn't worry about it. if you were worried you could get some epoxy resin and that would definately hold.

- Scott

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey sorry for the delay in response to this post! Havent been online for a while. I will check the part # soon as I can for you. And about the fiberglass- yea I did all I could to ensure a good permanent bond there. Shouldnt be any problems, but I will notice if there are and fix it accordingly. [thumb]

·
Registered
30 Posts
Nevermind found out that Subwoofer cover and the bracket I need are only sold together as part of the subwoofer package ($279). Boy that's going be hard to find.

·
Registered
711 Posts
anyone know if memphis subs are any good, local dealer that does all my stuff on my previous cars dichted JL for them... never heard much about them but they look nice. They said they can put either a 8 or a 10 in the stock box and with my solo kenwood amp I took outa my last car they said it should pound hard and tight...think he said its about $120 for the 10 or 8" subs

1 - 9 of 9 Posts