Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DAMN! and i just saw a 9lb flywheel for my car!
well that explains why im so slow through the rpms.

·
Registered
647 Posts
i've got the spec stage 2, with the 12 pound flywheel. whoah... lol my revs don't take near as long to climb compared to the old one.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
DAMN! and i just saw a 9lb flywheel for my car!
well that explains why im so slow through the rpms.
I believe the 9lb is only for the MTX75, not the Getrag we have. Fidanza makes a 12lb that I've been running for 2 years. I love and would never go back, also been running Spec Stg2 clutches the whole time and swear by those. Pretty close to stock feel and great grab.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I love my stage 2, i wouldn't want it any other way. just gotta get used to the marbles in the tranny ;)

·
Registered
56 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
I bought this Flywheel from UltraRev. It is not 9 lbs!! The 9 lb. is for the MTX-75.
For The SVT it weighs 12.6 lbs.
STILL AWESOME!!!!
Still a bigger difference then the stock flywheel! lol [thumb]

·
Registered
808 Posts
get a fidanza.

·
Registered
56 Posts
with the 12lber is it alot more noticeable when you get on it? a.k.a torque steer, wheel hop?
The flywheel isn't gonna add 50 hp, I havent dynoed my car but it feels like 8-10 hp, which makes a difference but not like you got boost.
And you really shouldn't feel too much torque steer, Cause the Getrag has those "Equal Length Drive Shafts"
Do what everyone else on here that changes out their clutch does and get a Fidanza with Spec 2,3,4 or whatever you need.
You won't be disapointed!

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Thats good. I was wondering if this will help alot when comming out of the hole and such. I'm not a drive train buff.. I'd like to see a video of the tach when its being reved with a light flywheel

·
Registered
56 Posts
I will see if I can post a video up later, but I got a JRSC so the blower slows the reving a little while not under load.
Search on YouTube, you should find something.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts