Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My alignment is straight and my car drives straight and true except every so often i get a fairly violent pull to a side that lasts until i turn the wheel the other direction to compensate. It has happened right and left so i dont believe it is suspension related or tire related. If it could have anything to do with it my car has not been driven in 3 weeks due to snow and me not having the right tires. It was not garaged either so it was exposed to the elements.

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Sounds like a negative camber issue. Wheel is not at a direct 90 to the road, top is tilted in. When you turn the wheel slightly it will pull the direction your are turning.

Alignment is not always the same shop to shop. Some cheap shops will only make sure all 4 wheel are pointing straight on a 2D plane while other quality shops will use a 3D plane and adjust camber.
Be sure to ask which they do and if they can adjust camber.

I'm not sure if camber can be adjusted on the Focus though.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ford did the alignment but i do not know if chamber was checked and/or done. I only noticed it today though (first time i have driven since the snowfall) so i dont know how it could have changed just sitting there

1 - 3 of 3 Posts