Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you use some SVT springs on a ZX3 w/o using SVT struts?? I can get some new SVT springs for real cheap, like $150 for all 4.... But it dosent include the struts...what would happen, just a little rougher ride?? But the car would be lower would it not??
any help guys? thanks!!

[???:)]

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
Yes you can use the SVT springs on your stock struts but its not advisable. The SVT springs are different in two ways. They are shorter, and stiffer. Your stock dampers are not made to operate at that low of spring or with that stiff of spring and will wear out quite quickly especially if they have not been replaced since the car was new. Save up for a complete kit with dampers that match the springs and you won't be disappointed. You also won't end up taking it all apart again once your stockers wear out.

·
Jetsetter
6,657 Posts
save up for the complete kit, if you put the springs on now, they will wear the struts out very very fast. save up the svt struts will run you around another $150-$200 they will last longer you will be happier, and you only have to do the job once! [thumb]

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Go with the SVT suspension kit. Comes with springs, dampers, and a 21mm rear swaybar all for 300 bucks.
$300?? WHERE AT?? Id like to know. thanks Guys

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
many of the sponser sites might have them for that price.

seriously 150$ for just SVT springs is not that good, if you wanted to drive up to vancouver BC, i could sell you my used SVT spring AND struts for that price. they're just sitting in my garage.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
many of the sponser sites might have them for that price.

seriously 150$ for just SVT springs is not that good, if you wanted to drive up to vancouver BC, i could sell you my used SVT spring AND struts for that price. they're just sitting in my garage.

really??? How Many miles on them? I live in Spokane, WA.. Could you ship them to me?

·
Don't read this!
2,341 Posts
Yeah, go with that deal! I just bought some SVT springs (since the ST comes with SVT struts stock) for $60. They only had 20k on them too!!! Wahooo! Anyway, get the full set and good luck with the install...its fun! lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts