Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No more warped rotors (I hope)! I just installed the M-2300-ZX3 SVT brake kit front and rear on my ZX5 and love it. The braking is much improved and the balance seems good. My existing 16 inch rims fit with no problems.

One hitch: The normal spare wheel no longer fits. What size spare does a SVT use? Will any other spares clear the larger brakes and fit the rear storage compartment?

Thanks! James

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
the SVT spare is a special 16inch wheel i believe.

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
yea most likly its alittle different so it clears the rotor, but im guessing itll still fit in the same hole in the trunk as the non svt one, the whole wheel diameter is probably the same size just the inner part is probably alittle wider. So your stock 16s fit, ive heard that they dont and you need to upgrade to 17s if you have svt brakes.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
YEP ITS A 16INCHER

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Yeah, the part# for the svt spare rim is all by itself. It is quite different looking too than a standard focus spare.
Kyle^^^have you ever said that to anyone before, lol^^ sorry man, i had to mess with you a little.

·
Registered
195 Posts
yeah 16 is as low as you can go with the svt breaks

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
b16sir1991 said:
Yeah, the part# for the svt spare rim is all by itself. It is quite different looking too than a standard focus spare.
Yeah, and it's actually a pretty nice looking and lightweight alloy rim. [;)]

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I still think a pair of them with some skinny tires would make awesome rear drag tires.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
I agree, its a pretty solid rim too. Hey Doug, whats up man?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts