Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just responded to a SVT owner who is selling his svt snorkel and svt air box. I have an 04 zetech and am wondering what parts I would need to receive to upgrade my snorkel and air box to the SVT parts. Also wondering if this is difficult at all. Thanks in advance.
Brian

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
There's nothing wrong with your Zetec air box, you won't gain any extra Hp.
If you want to keep it standard but, want some what performance then go buy aftermarket filter.
The cold air or CAI intake system are the go for performance.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
The svt air box is proven to outflow even the volant!! I'd say go for it!! all you will need to complete the system are 2 things and are very easy to get, a rubber boot to fit over the maf and an alluminum tube cut to the right length w/ the same diamater as the maf that connects the rubber elbow and the maf. Should be fairly easy!! Any basic autoparts store will get you what you need!!

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
The svt air box is proven to outflow even the volant!! I'd say go for it!! all you will need to complete the system are 2 things and are very easy to get, a rubber boot to fit over the maf and an alluminum tube cut to the right length w/ the same diamater as the maf that connects the rubber elbow and the maf. Should be fairly easy!! Any basic autoparts store will get you what you need!!
I kinda find that just hard beleive when there just a hole at the bottom of the air box the size of a coke can
must be 1 hell of a flow dude.
I would of said maybe a gain of 0.5% if that
$100's of dollar for the best air intake and a SVT air box it's meant to out flow them.
Please show the dyno report????

I've seen a St170/SVT air box and no difference inside to a standard Zetec air box.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Its not the airbox that helps that setup, its the snorkle. Almost twice the size of the regular stock zetec snorkle, plus the addition of the other air intake piece that sits on the right of the air box. Pic Below.

As you can tell, the regular snorkle is about the size of where the indent is on the SVT snorkle. Way smaller than the SVT

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
You can't really just get on a dyno to see which has better gains, because you ned 40-60mph air to be going in the intake. I have also seen the graph of the stock intake with a STOCK filter out flow the volant. So put a k&n filter in the stock set up and your set.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
If you really want to find the dyno sheets, mike from hilbish ford has them I think, he is the one who told me about the difference.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts