Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you know where to get a stock svt shift knob? Mine is looking worn and want to replace it

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I will

·
Registered
714 Posts

[

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's nice, how much was for it?

·
Registered
714 Posts
Got it from the UK clicky
£25.52 Plus £10 shipping
That translated to about $72 at the time

·
Banned
2,814 Posts
That's only a total of $54 at today's exchange rate....that's a bargain!!
Whoa - you're RIGHT! (What happened to the POUND???) I may finally have to pounce on one of these...

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
The Ford GT knob also will work after i tap it to fit your shifter and is billit aluminum. Our cars share the same shift pattern. Thats the one im using.

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
Yeah I've always wanted one of those too after seeing one on the GT. I heard they get really hot/cold though?

With that tap, could one cut the stock shifter down and rethread it?

·
Registered
714 Posts
Is that the same one as pictured in post #6? (Steve also has illuminated Euro knobs for sale...)

Now, I know I asked SVTF4243 before, but this knob REALLY just threads right on?
Yes Really[burnout]
they even include the plastic tie for the boot

·
Banned
2,814 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
not much taller but I have a steeda short throw

it's way better ergonomics

i've had 2 other knobs since the stocker
of the 4 this is the best

·
Registered
234 Posts
wow that euro knob looks soooo good, im just wondering too w/the stock height if this would work if i cut down my stock shifter and retreaded it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
^^ DAYUM!

Okay, here's another question:
It looks "taller" than the SVT knob. Since I don't have an STS (not yet, at least), is it going to result in a shifter even more ridiculously tall than the stock SVT one?

(They also have this stubbier one, but I don't like it as much: http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/focus_mk2-aluminium_finish_gear_lever_knob_577.htm)

Thanks again!
Would anybody know if the stubbier one is a direct bolt on as well? It's a little confusing with the UK Models...I have an SVT with the 6 speed and an FRPP STS. It's a nice knob,
but I would like to keep it as short as possible...

·
Registered
454 Posts
i got one from steve its the mondeo shift knob with red stitching it was about $68 shipped.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts