Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will the SVT suspension kit work on a 05?

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are adjustable cambers reccomended with this setup?

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
You can get them but they aren't really needed since it only drops the car by .5" at the most. I'd just suggest getting an alignment done immediately afterwards and have them align it to SVT spec. I waited three months after installing my SVT kit and the toe was off on all corners except driver's/rear by more than .25".

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
would a installation shop be able to aligh right there in then? any idea what the SVT spec is?

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
Most shops should have the SVT specs on file since it was a production model...I took my car to Goodyear and just told them to align to SVT spec, and on the alignment printout they had put the model in as "Focus SVT 2002-2004." Unless you're taking it to some mom & pop garage that hasn't updated their Chilton's manuals since 1998, you should be fine.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll keep that in mind, thanks

·
Registered
538 Posts
Actually some 05s work. Shoot b16sir1991 a pm. The suspensions on the 05 changed mid year and some of them will not work directly like the older 05 suspension would.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looking at the discription of item on new edge "Please note that some Focus that do not come equipped with a rear anti-sway bar will not have the necessary mounts welded to the rear crossmember, therefore you will not be able to use any rear anti-sway bar." Will I be able to attach the rear sway bar?

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
The only '05s to come with a rear sway were the SES and ST trim package levels, if you have a S or SE you'll need to fabricate a pair of mounting tabs and have them welded to the rear control arms, as well as obtain the mounting hardware for the retention bushings and drill some holes. You can also run the SVT suspension without the rear sway, in fact I believe CFM sells a SVT suspension kit sans swaybar that is a little less than the kit with swaybar.

I think b16sir1991 either makes the mounting tabs or can get them direct (he works at a Ford dealer,) I recall him having mentioned something along those lines at one point in time. You might want to shoot him a PM and see if he can help you...

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
The next chance you get you should get in and have it re-aligned to SVT spec...with the .5" drop you're going to see cupping and faster wear on the inside of the tires.

·
Registered
415 Posts
If the shop has a clue what there doing they should have an issue aligning it with the svt suspention. You may want to tell them its lowered sence you can barely tell.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I think you may be looking for something like this....

They are a little bit more than the exhaust clamp kit though....
-bix

1 - 15 of 15 Posts