Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dang it all to heck. [:(!] I love the car, but son of a beotch its becoming a major pain in my arse!!! Lets see here.... Ive had it for 2 months now (2003 with 80K) and here is my list of problems already:

1. CEL #1: P1518

2. Stuck ignition cylinder. Took 2-3 minutes to get my key out so I could re-attempt starting it. Been fine ever since (knock on wood).

3. CEL #2: P1518

4. Slight misfire. Tune-up did the trick.

5. CEL #3: P1518

6. Heat shield rattle. Removed header heat shield and wrapped the headers.

7. Coolant leak. T-stat plug o-ring puked out. Bought new plug.

8. Broken sway bar end link. Replaced.

9. CEL #4: P1518

10. Just got another thunking sound, this time from the driver side suspension. Have yet to diagnose.

11. Oh yeah, a blower motor squeaking, sounds like it needs to be replaced, too.

I didnt have 1/2 the problems I did with my last 3 Toyotas with over 10 years of ownership, and 2 of those with almost double the miles of the SVT.

·
Registered
404 Posts
yea its not that big of a deal to fix. I did it myself and that is a wonderful testament to how easy it is.

·
Registered
930 Posts
lol...but thank Christ your driving a real car now, and not some appliance like a Toyota!
All those issues are common on the SVT.
End links are a weak area...ball joints/tie-rods will go forever in these cars, so count your blessings! End links are way easier to replace.
Question: Why the heck did you replace just the one???

Heatshield are THE worst offender on these cars! (And most cars for that matter)...removal is the best fix...

T-stat O-ring is junk...so are the O-rings in the clutch master cylinder (another weak spot)...niether usually leak until the cold weather arrives...

My blower motor squeaks too...
Only in the cold weather. Lubing it isn't too hard to do, but requires removal...
Use a good grease, NOT WD-40 or some cheap spray-on lube...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts