Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the difference in the seats besides the seat covers? cloth vs cloth.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what I figured.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll just stick to what I have. Be cool to see what the diference in the eap's seats. Kinda spendy for those what i see.

·
Registered
16 Posts
hopefully not a threadjack but were all EAP seats 100% leather? or was there a cloth version? or 50/50 maybe?

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea the eap seats are the shizen. I'd love to have a set.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do the eap seats sit up higher w/ them on the lowest setting? Or I should refaze it= Is the leather or foam thicker making you sit up higher or not?

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Guy is selling a comp o svt near me for 1000 bucks. If I had a place to put it I would buy that in a heartbeat. Hell, the recaros out of them alone would net that much.

Makes me sad I passed on a gorgeous low mileage comp o a couple of years ago. Stupid me.

·
Taciturn. Your turn.
2,213 Posts
hopefully not a threadjack but were all EAP seats 100% leather? or was there a cloth version? or 50/50 maybe?
They're full leather, the rear seats are vinyl.

In other countries they offered 50/50 Recaros with a colored cloth center section. Some were for sale on the forums a while back.

Do the eap seats sit up higher w/ them on the lowest setting? Or I should refaze it= Is the leather or foam thicker making you sit up higher or not?
I have an EAP. I've read that Recaros sit higher than the standard SVT seat, I sat in a standard SVT seat and it didn't seem noticeably lower to me. Both at their lowest setting.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanx sniper focus.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I put red/black SVT seats in my '05 ST which came with the stock cloth seats. It was a huge improvement in comfort, especially on long drives, as the SVT cushions are much firmer and more supportive.
The SVT driver seat in my ST, set as low as possible, seemed to be about the same height as the Recaro driver seat in my '04 SVT. The Recaros are yet one step up from the standard SVT seats.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I do think the Recaros are FAR more comfortable than any of the other standard Focus seat available… however the base SVT cloth seats were very comfortable as well when I had them in my '02 SVT… If you REALLY wanted to be unique, Audi S4's had a two tone recaro offered, black with a alcantara insert which look amazing! I do know that the SVT EAP recaro was offered in a few other cars as well…

·
Taciturn. Your turn.
2,213 Posts
I do think the Recaros are FAR more comfortable than any of the other standard Focus seat available… however the base SVT cloth seats were very comfortable as well when I had them in my '02 SVT… If you REALLY wanted to be unique, Audi S4's had a two tone recaro offered, black with a alcantara insert which look amazing! I do know that the SVT EAP recaro was offered in a few other cars as well…
I used to drive 00-04 Foci at work (fleet vehicles) and the seats were horrible... worst car seat I've sat in to date! Recaro SVT... best car seat I've sat in to date! All in the same type of car; standard SVT seats aren't bad though.

·
So mote be it
8,950 Posts
I did not notice much of a difference in height between the Recaro and my stock 07 seat. The Recaro seats felt heavier though...totally worth the extra weight for the comfort/side bolsters.

The seat trays (part where butt goes) had an extra metal piece to give better side support/keep you from sliding. Otherwise the passenger seat sensor swapped right over and the trays/bottom half of the seat looked identical underneath the leather/fabric

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You have the recaro's in your car, Stephen?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Those seats look very similar to the seats in my little brother's ?04? Cobra.

Those are some comfy seats. May have to see about finding some if I can't get any bites on my WTB post below

M

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Those look awesome, Stephen...

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
I swapped a set of blue SVT seats into my buddys 07 ZX3 recently, so I agree with whats been said.

The passenger side gel pad was pretty easy to swap over. His car doesnt have side airbags so we left those alone. Seatbelt (pre?) tensioners needed to be swapped as well.

The extra bars welded to the SVT pan provide a lot of extra support. There is a set in the seat back frame that keeps the side bolsters firm. The 05-07 seats dont have them and thats why you see a lot with ripped bolsters.

His were ripped, so this was a really good upgrade on his car. Worth swapping for sure

1 - 20 of 29 Posts