Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couldn't find any info on this. I just put in SVT seats in my ZX3 and the stock pigtails in my car don't match the plugs on the new seats. I temporarily disabled my unplugged-seatbelt alarm so I could at least drive around in peace while I figure out how to do this, and my airbag light is also always on now, obviously. My question is can I just find some SVT pigtails, cut off the old one, and wire it up to match the plugs? If I did that I'd assume that there'd still be a wire missing for the heated seats, but I'm sure I could wire that in seperatly...I was thinking about just getting an on-off switch and mounting it in the center console somewhere or even finding an SVT console with the buttons already there :) does anyone have any insight on how easy this might be?

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Are your SVT seats from an '03 SVT? In my experience, SRS are model year specific, so if the seats and the car are different model years, you will need to swap the seat belt buckles from your old seats onto the new seats.
When you say "the stock pigtails in my car don't match the plugs on the new seats", do you mean the square black multi-plug (5) assemblies don't match up, or are the small colored plugs (black, green, yellow, red) within the larger black multi-plug assemblies incompatible? The small colored plugs (each has two wires) should be compatible by color i.e. green to green, red to red etc. or by plug shape. I think I have some old pin-outs from my '03 SVT seat swap into my '05 ST, I'll look for them.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They don't match, as in the male plug coming from under the carpet is too small for the female plug attached to the seat. I have no idea what year the SVT was that the seats came from because the guy I bought them from had them in his ZX3 as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts